Thread: ECV ~ have you had one or do you have experience with them?

Default ECV ~ have you had one or do you have experience with them?

I had one today, it wasn't planned, bub just happened to be in a better position than it had been and as we need to try and get F out of breech asap my OB gave it a shot, my belly was soft and although I had a couple of ctx while she was doing it, it was ok. It didn't work in the end as bub popped back into the same position after two tries.

My OB said to expect that I would need more Nifedipine (anti ctx meds) tonight ( I have been on them for a few weeks now due to intense BH's), I took 60mg, it is a slow release form, so takes 1-2 hours before it works and have now just taken another 40mg because these BH are the most intense I have had and it has been a few hours since the first dose, so it isn't being effective enough.

But I am wanting to know what side effects did you have from it, any BH's/ctx and how long did it take for them to subside?
    TIA xxoo

I have - but not until 38w. And DD turned herself at 38w just before her planned one. I had salbutamol with DS to relax the uterus (through the vein) but after the ECV I had no pain / BH's / CTX.

Thanks Michelle , I wasn't sure if it was normal to experience BH/ctx after having one. I guess because I have been having tightenings every afternoon and evening for quite some times it was inevitable that it was going to stir them up at least I have something to try and get them back under control.

Beema,
    I've had one at 36 weeks, with no side effects except excruciating pain during the procedure, mine was not pleasant at all.
    Was everyone else's like this?

Thanks Emma did yours work?

The actual proceedure wasn't too bad, but that may be because bub is only 28 weeks and there is a bit more room to move (apparently ), I was very painful on the side where my placenta is and it is still tender now. Yesterday and last night were pretty horrible, I was absolutely exhausted and my belly rock hard, I had to boost my Nifedipine all day and into the evening but just couldn't get any relief from the tightening, bubs was very quiet as well, so not a happy little one. But today I have had good movements again and the tightenings have become less intense