Thread: Equivocal Blood result

Default Equivocal Blood result

Hey guys.

Just hoping for some support and maybe some similar stories to mine. I POAS on thursday @ 9DPO and got a really faint BFP. I retested on 10DPO and while still faint it was a little darker. I went to get a blood test yesterday and got the result as being equivocal - not positive, not negative with a measurement between 15-20 to be re-tested in 2-3 days (monday).

Has anyone had this happen?? I feel really anxious that its going to end in a bad way. Thanks for your support

Heather I haven't had a test that early but it doesn't sound like a bad value to me for 10DPO? As long as it keeps going up that is a good sign. You'll find the HPT's line darkness is also dependent on how much pee volume you have when you get up in the morning - the more morning pee, the less concentrated the HCG will be in it. Usually the HPT's need at least the levels to be at 10 or 20 to get a faint+ - the box would say how sensitive it is.

Hope your next test goes well - let us know how it goes?

You guys really are the best! I dont know where i would be without my friends at BB.

Fletch- i did POAS again and it was still a faint positive. I woke this morning feeling pregnant, nauseous and tired so im feeling a little more optimistic.

Emma and jja - thanks so much for your posts they really have put my mind at ease. Im getting my blood taken again tomorrow morning and will get the results by the arvo, so ill keep you all posted.

xx

Good luck, Heather!! It sounds really promising to me. I got an incredibly faint BFP @ 9DPO this time around too, although I didn't get to have a BT until 14DPO.

Fingers crossed!