Thread: Eye Testing

Question Eye Testing

A few weekends ago DH and i booked into get our eyes tested....we are this weekend. But when i was in there the chick asked me how long it had been since i had DD. I told her 4 months, and she said that it can take up to 6 months for eye sight to go back to normal after having a baby.

My question now is....Will be eyesight be crap again atm cos im preg again...and is it worth getting them tested?

My eyes do seem diff when i was pg with DD....

Good question, though I think it would be more of an issue in late pregnancy. My optometrist said that when relaxin kicks in it works on ALL muscles which includes the eye muscles. Maybe give them a call to double check....

I usually tell all my patients that there is no problem with having their eyes tested during pregnancy, but if the results show dramatic changes in prescription, then I would wait until after the bith to change glasses or contact lenses as usually these changes are temporary.

If you found your eyesight deteriorated during your 1st pregnancy, there is a good chance it will change again now, but as Sarah noted, it isn't until usually late in the pregnancy that these changes are more noticeable.

Up to you if you want to cancel the appt for yourself - at the end of the day it can't hurt to get the health of the eyes checked as once your little one comes along it will be a lot harder to organise time to have an eye test

I was also advised by my optometrist that breastfeeding can affect my eyesight. But yeah, it hasn't stopped me from having them checked, and I have done so every year since I had DS 3 years ago (still BFing now) and am also now expecting baby #2. Can't wait to find out if they ever get back to normal. LOL