Thread: False positive on HPT????

Default False positive on HPT????

Hey everyone,

Ok, so the last 2 nights i have had really strange dreams that i was pregnant, so i had these 2 lullaby conceptions HPT, and thought i might as well test myself. But i'm on the minipill, and still breastfeeding

Anyway, so i got a BFP - can this be wrong???

What are the chances of a false positive??

DH is out and his mobile is off, so i'm feeling very sick and nervous waiting to get in touch to tell him to get another one...

It's not that i don't want to be pregnant, i just have some other health issues that i wanted to clear up before i got pregnant again, and if i am i don't think i can have the procedure i want done, which wont be good, but anyway...

I'm not the greatest about taking the pill at the same time every day, but its not like we DTD that often anyway, and i'm normally better when we do... but i'm also breastfeeding so i thought my chances were pretty slim..

Can the HPT be wrong? can you still get preg on the pill and b/f???

Yael

It is not usually wrong, but there is a slight chance. I think you should act as though you are pregnant, and call your obgyn. Did both tests come up positive?

I've just done one, and DH is on his way home with 2 of the midstream tests

OMG... i can't believe i might be pregnant again!!

Sal Guest

Wow Yael! Seems like you're pg! Congrats! The timing might not be what you planned, but seeing as you wanted heaps of bubs, why not now?!?!? Can't wait to hear how you go...

Ok,

turns out i'm not pregnant... those stick ones are just hard to read cos there is a bump part way along anyway and the colour just built up there..

Did 2 other midstream tests and they came back neg..

I feel like a bit of an idiot now!

But now i can have the botox thing so i'm happy, cos i really want to get that fixed up before i'm pregnant again!

To much excitment for one morning.. i think i need a coffee

Sal - we are TTC in October. With DA i got pregnant like 7 days after i stopped taking the pill (boy, did i get a shock when i went to the gp with a tummy ache, and it turned out I was preg!), so we assume we will get preg pretty much straight away with the next one

Dont feel like an idiot! I would have thought the same thing! THey shouldnt make pg tests with that little bump!

But now i can have the botox thing so i'm happy, cos i really want to get that fixed up before i'm pregnant again!
    Sounds like you are relieved that it was a false positive!

Just to answer your original question:

can you still get preg on the pill and b/f???
    YES YOU CAN!! Charlie was only 5 months, fully BF, I was on the mini-pill, and strict about taking at the same time every day.......& here I am pregnant with B3!! LOL! No idea how it happens though...........

Ummmmmm, my OB stressed to me to take it at the same time every day, and I did....the only time I may have slipped up was New Years Day......hangover.......I had pumped loads of EBM so I could have a few wines on NYE.....so a few drinks, a nice cosy drunken canoodle, then a hangover may have been the problem. I was still v.shocked though, when I found out I was pg.........

skorpy Guest

I know 4 people that have fallen pregnant on pill,one of them being my mother-inlaw with both her sons.

And i have known 2 people fall pregnant using condoms.

I still say coil is best thing.