Thread: Feeling Dizzy??

Default Feeling Dizzy??

This morning is a strange one ... have any of you girls been dizzy??????

I got up feeling fine, actually great. Was thinking that AT LAST this flu and headcold is a thing of the past and I'll be back in gym by Wednesday. I did some housework, dishes, washing ... that kind of stuff and as I was getting back in the house after putting up some washing, my head spun .. so much that I had to stand still to get my balance And since then has not stopped. I am checking my bp every hour - 120/74?sh normal. Had my sugarlevels checked - 4.9 normal. I now have a slight headache behind my eyes, but other than that I feel fine, except for being extreamly dizzy when I turn my head, or stand up.

Any ideas what's up??
    TIA

BTW - see that the tickers is not working. I'm 16 weeks pg.

I am dizzy all the time!! Probably in more ways than one , but for me it has to do with my BP. When I am at work I will check it when I am feeling this way and it was 98/41, however yours is within normal range. It could still be from blood though, since the baby is taking a lot of blood flow and added blood volume it takes longer for the blood to travel up to the brain which is what causes the dizzy feeling, especially when standing up quickly or changing positions. Drink, drink, drink your water to keep up the blood volume needs and take your time standing up.

I know I have been getting more headaches too since I have been preggo. Oh the joys!

I get this happen to me when ive been hanging the washing out and trying not to stare at the sun, i thought it might be the sunlight affecting the eyes? But i also get dizzy and feel like im going to faint sometimes, i put it down to lack of water intake.

I had a cold/flu like thingo for about 5 weeks at the start of my preg. I was really dizzy and not feeling to great.
    Doc says my BP was low but its always been low so its really no lower than usual. As for treatment, drink plenty of water, take it slow, get up slowly and most of all dont try running or rushing too much.

Good luck and i hope you feel better soon.

Thanks for the replies !

I have been slack in the water intake department - oops! I'll try upping it a bit. It's this darn cold weather. But last night I drank 2lt of watered-down apple juice (it kept me up all night also ) and today I am feeling better .. just hormonal like hell and snapping at poor DH since dawn this morning

I'm also trying to get up slower ... trying. I hate moving like an old person, so flying out of bed for me (while I still can) is high priority

Like you said Michelle ... oh the joys

Hey Nadine

Just wonder because you've had that head cold, if that's caused you to be a bit blocked up which might have put your balance and ears out of whack a bit..causing you to feel a bit dizzy. Just a thought!

Keep drinking though!

Hope you're feeling better soon..

See I thought that too, but since Saturday evening (God bless) I am able to breath through my nose That was a relief!! I'm not feeling any blockage anymore, my ears feel fine - no pain or stinging. I cleaned them out on Sunday and there were almost no wax in them.
    My nose are still a bit runny early mornings and late evenings (I think it's the cold air), but not nearly like before and it's just clear water.

My dad says it's my body telling me to slow down. I have been trying to take it easier the last couple of days, on DH's orders.

Do feel much firmer on the ground today thought, thanks