Thread: Feeling faint and out of breath

Default Feeling faint and out of breath

Did anyone else get like this?? I have been feeling really out of breath in the mornings, even if I'm doing nothing!! Just standing or sitting down. And feeling a bit like I'm going to faint too. The weird thing is it's fine if I'm walking around etc but if I stand in to one spot for too long, only like 5 mins, I start to feel dizzy and lightheaded. I just remember it was the same with DD too. Seems weird.

Did anyone else get the same, and any way to stop it??

Maybe give your care provider a call and ask them, might be worth getting your blood pressure checked just in case. Probably nothing to worry about, but doesn't hurt to get it checked out, even if it is just for peace of mind

Might also be worth getting your iron checked ...

Yep, blood pressure is fine and iron too! So that's why it has me a bit puzzled. It's weird to be happening so early on in pregnancy but I remember the same thing when pg with DD too. Strange.

Default Feeling faint and out of breath

I had this. Always worse in the mornings, made eating breakfast very difficult. I felt exhausted before I'd even started work. I don't know why it was worse in the mornings, but it was normal - it's just your lungs getting squished. Stay standing up, try and relax, and it should ease off a bit. (Mine was bad until I gave birth, sorry!)

ive been having the exact same thing except im not pregnant! for me its probable iron,hope you find out what it is soon

I had the same when pregnant, and actually did faint a few times. The doctor said it was stress (I was preparing to emigrate at the time) but I think it was just pregnancy tbh. My iron levels were a bit low throughout pregnancy which probably made it worse.

Heaven! I've been missing you!

Yep I have this too and did with dd. Mine passed after the first tri with dd. All your blood is going to your uterus, so if you are stationary the circulation isn't flowing as well itms, making you feel faint and requiring more oxygen...thus the breathlessness.

I fainted a few times with dd but not so far. Take it slow and keep some gentle movement into your day. It will improve when you blood volume increases in the second tri.

Thanks guys!! That makes sense Arcadia! I fainted a couple of times with DD but not yet this time either. I hate the feeling, hopefully it's gone soon!!

I have the same thing, except I get breathless and light headed when I'm walking & moving round! Sitting down and standing still I'm fine, but as soon as I do to do anything I start to get light headed (not when I first get up either, it's always at least 10 minutes after I stand up!). Apparently my blood pressure is fine, though on the higher side of normal, as it was with DS. And my Iron is quite high this time, which it wasn't with DS lol with DS it was very very low and 2 weeks before he was born my iron levels were at 83... I had to get them up to 110 before I was allowed to be induced, and luckily the week before DS as born my levels finally got up to 113.

I had the breathlessness with DS only when I had a shower too, because of all the steam.

Sorry for hijacking, but was just wondering what it means when I'm moving and walking and get breathless?

Saves creating a new thread for pretty much the same issue.

Oh, and I can't see the OB until my appointment on September 22nd, so not much use asking a caregiver at the moment.

Thanks in advance!