Thread: feeling guilty

Default feeling guilty

i'm starting to feel guilty about a decission that DH and i have made. i dont want to run the risk of needing to be induced so after seeing an accupunturist on tuesday have decided to go back for treatment in two week to induce labour, this will make me
    39+ weeks, it may not work first time so if second treatment is needed i will be almost 40 weeks, I feel comfortable with our decsion but it's other peoples opinions on this that annoy me, are people going to think differently of me for doing it this way and not waiting to after 40 week? should i wait? i have this thing in my head about not wanting to go over,i think my pregnancy brain is running in overtime and im worrying for nothing. please help!!

Go for it.....I think you're pregnancy brain is working overtime....I would never even consider thinking badly of someone who had acupuncture at 39+ weeks!

Why would you tell them, anyway? Your baby is "due" between 37-42 weeks: any time in a five-week period is normal! So what if your baby came a few days early - who is to know why? Who is to even know that you have acupuncture, or what it's for?

I wouldn't think badly of you for it, can't think of anyone else who would either.

I've been having acupuncture over the last week or so & it helps ripen the cervix as well as some do inductions. The Chinese have a saying that the fruit won't fall from the tree unless it is ripe & my acupuncturist calls it shaking the tree. It may help... so you can say you are getting it to help ripen your cervix & prepare your body for labour because that is exactly what it does.

thanks guys, i think i'm just over analising things, CHRISTY i havent had and treatment yet but will be in about 10 days time, hope it helps for you too!!.