Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeling like I'm fibbing

Debbie Lee Guest

Default Feeling like I'm fibbing

I feel like I'm just pretending to be pregnant.
    I have no symptoms at all. No sore boobs, no cramping, no nausea, no tiredness (well, no more than I had previously). I feel nothing. I know it's early days yet but I'm sure I felt more happening when I was pregnant with Gab.
    My doctor didn't do a BT but I wish he had. I feel like buying more HPT's and doing them for reassurance.

I'm being stupid, hey?

kel Guest

Default not silly

) dear debbie
    im sure everything is ok but if you feel like you need some reassurance talk to your doctor tomorrow.my girlfriend just told me shes 6wks and is worried as she feels different 2 her 2 prev pregnancies.maybe it says how in tune we are w ith our bodies.goodluck

Deb, I was exactly the same with Tehya. I had no symptoms at all. Other than no AF.
    I was convinced that there was something amiss. Of course there wasn't but I still got in for an early scan to be sure.

Different pregnancy hun, might mean different sex too It did for me...

Debbie Lee Guest

I think if the Dr. had been able to see something last week when I had an ultrasound I'd be more reassured. There was nothing there (I know, too early to tell). He SO didn't believe I was preggo tho cos he got me to do another HPT.
    It's stupid but I'm wishing m/s on myself.

Trish - oooerr... hope you're right about the gender thing

Well Deb, only about another 15 weeks until you can find out hey

I'm sure he will do another scan at your next appt then. When is that ?? How cool that he has his own machine too.

Deb with all my pregnancies i never felt pg and without a DR saying i was i wouldn't have known i was.

When i was pg with Kimberley i didn't find out till 13wks so it's can be done going through the first trimester without knowing and if i hadn't done a HPT then and had a scan a few weeks late who knows how long it would have been till i found out.

If you are worried about things see if you can have a BT done.

Debbie Lee Guest

Trish - first week of Dec I have another appointment. He's going to do another ultrasound (this time I have to do the full bladder thing.. my bladder wasn't full the other day...but then I didn't realise I was going to get an ultrasound so early!). He said if he can't see anything next time, he'll do a vaginal ultrasound. Urrgh... what to do with the pubes?? LOL

Michelle - that's reassuring. Wow @ getting to 13wks without realising! I wish I could fast forward to then, hehehe.

I'm not overly worried but I am still a little scared. I hope that doesn't sound insensitive to those that have had a loss... I know I have no idea what it feels like to lose a baby but I am scared that it may happen, iykwim?
    I won't let Neil come anywhere near me. I've told him I don't want to dis-lodge the baby. I know that's silly but I just feel like it's not "sticking" like it should...
    Gawd... you all probably think I sound like a paranoid looney!

Aww Deb, it's hard not to feel paranoid, especially when you hear of so many early losses. I think being a part of such a forum tends to open you up to the whole prospect of it happening just that bit more.

Hope that didn't come out sounding wrong. I have a bad habbit of putting my foot in it.

As for the pubes. I think a nice braid down each side should be great

awww deb, i dont think your being paranoid at all. I still dont really believe that im pregnant, even though i have had 1 or 2little symptoms, i also feel like getting more hpt's just to be sure and i wish that the dr did a bloodtest so that theres a definate yes your pg!! I wont be seeing my dr until after my seven wk scan so i cant get a blood test now. I keep thinking that when i have the scan they will say, Nope sorry your not pregnant!! i have even dreamt that I am thinking that maybe i will get one more packet of hpt's next week just to make me less nervous about it not being there at the u/s. I am also worried about loss, and we all are at one stage or other i think, i just want bubba J to start growing faster so i know he/she is ok.
    Jessikah

Debbie Lee Guest

Trish - I agree. We are privy to loads of information on these forums... both happy and sad. I guess ignorance is bliss sometimes... uno, not knowing how easily something wonderful like this can be taken away from you?

Jessikah - glad I'm not the only one feeling similar. I guess it's the downfall of knowing so early, hey?

I had no symptoms at all for Jesse.. only that my period didnt arrive and he's now 2 and a half months old.. so dont worry too much, it can happen

Hi Debbie Lee,

I'm the same as you with practically no symptoms but I was lucky enough (kind of) to have an u/s at 7 weeks because I've been spotting. I also do HEAPS of HPT's - my DH reckons he should have bought shares in the company! I find it reassuring for me that someone who has already had a healthy baby stil has worries - guess we're all normal! I also think there would be some mothers out there jealous that we don't have any symptoms. See if your DR can give you an early u/s - just say you're confused about your dates - that's what my girlfriend did.
    Last edited by JordieC; November 26th, 2006 at 07:55 PM. Reason: typo

Hey Deb,

I know where you coming from. I am going to the exact same anxieties. I still am not quite sure cause my tests only had faint lines come up. I know it's all normal to have these feeling though. I am sure every woman goes through it. Although i cant remember going through it with Briley.

I wont be satisfied until i see the Dr's positive pg test!! Then i think i will be fine. And so will you!! Before you know it you will be experiencing all the symptoms under the sun and be thinking WHAT THE HELL WAS I WORRIED ABOUT!!! But just remember its normal to have these worries. I bet that little bubba is nestling nicely into your womb right now!!

Hey Deb,

I know where you coming from. I am going through the exact same anxieties. I still am not quite sure cause my tests only had faint lines come up. I know it's all normal to have these feeling though. I am sure every woman goes through it. Although i cant remember going through it with Briley.

I won't be satisfied until i see the Dr's positive pg test!! Then i think i will be fine. And so will you!! Before you know it you will be experiencing all the symptoms under the sun and be thinking WHAT THE HELL WAS I WORRIED ABOUT!!! But just remember its normal to have these worries. I bet that little bubba is nestling nicely into your womb right now!!

I had no signs with Alex until I nearly barfed at work and I was seven weeks by then and it lasted until 30 weeks. It took me three weeks after that to see my doctor.

Internal ultrasound less icky than a pap smear.

Debbie, how long would I have gone without realising if I didn't have you encouraging me to test? I still feel like I'm just playing pretend some days. (Not today - backache, nausea, headaches and fifty thousand kicks... but other days.)

Deb - that was such an early ultrasound...what did they hope to see?? I would probably feel the same as you if I'd had such an early scan.

I'll send you some *tired, nauseaus* vibes to make you feel better Oh.. better throw in some *sticky vibes* too

Enjoy the non-m/s and I hope you feel better about it soon. How long until the next scan?

Deb remember me???? Remember how I whinged all the time cos you guys all had these great symptoms & I had nothing? I was exactly the same, stressing out big time cos I had nothing other than 2 pink lines to show that I was pregnant. Please try to enjoy it a little bit, next week you'll see little bee and then think dammit I lost the first few weeks of my pregnancy stressing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast