Thread: Feeling tender "down there"

Default Feeling tender "down there"

I can't remember feeling this at all with S, and I'm not any heavier this time round (was only 3 kg over my pre-pregnancy weight when i conceived, not that I have any idea if it's connected). When I stand up or get up from lying down, I get quite sore around my pubic area. I'm not trying to be modest here, I don't mean my labia are sore, although I feel they are a bit more swollen, but I remember that happening last time. Now it's more at the front, where the hair starts, kind of in the bikini triangle area, iykwim. It's as if it's being constricted by me sitting, and the blood rushes to it. It's quite painful!

I don't have another appt with at the FBC for about three weeks, is this something that happens normally and also, is there anything I can do to try and prevent it? I'm not sitting down all day or anything, and I could probably use a bit more exercise, but of course with Sebastian running around and all the usual household and garden stuff to do I'm keeping busy!!

Hi sasha
    Sounds like your pelvic bone ligaments are floating as such...... as my mum and nanny would say.... have you been doing your pelvic floor exercises????
    Might be a good idea to start doing them as often as you possibly can. Also if you are into yoga there should be something in that that might help... if your not into it maybe you can get a cheap book and find something in there that might help
    Good luck with it....
    xo

I have been doing them but probably not as often as I should! I love yoga but I'm just not sure I'll get to go during this pregnancy, plus we're trying our hardest to keep to budget and it's an extra cost I'd like not to worry about... but our local library is quite good, so I'll check that out when I'm there next.

Sasha - I'm getting the same thing but strangley mine only seem to hurt when I get out of the bed in the mornings. It almost feels like a strained muscle (strange place to have it I know!!!). I have also been really slack on the PVM front. It's only been going on for the last week or so....not too long.

Has anyone else had this?