Thread: Feeling very humble

Default Feeling very humble

Hi all,
    this past week has been an aswome experience for me. I have just had my 29 week check up and my bub is growing well and is strong and healthy all my test results have come back great. At the same time my SIL was sitting in the SCN with her week old daughter.
    Today I have been taxi for her taking her to and from the hospital every 4 hours to feed her bub. I have been with her during the ups and downs, while bub has no medical conditions she was born tiny for me anyway at 5lb 1oz . She has slept for days and is now finally crying for a feed. My SIL was induced at 38 weeks due to high blood pressure and gestational diabetes, turns out bub was only 36weeks.
    I love holding my new neice and i love how my little man kicks like crazy when i hold her.
    I am so grateful that i have not had to experience the SCN and fingers crossed never will.

What a wonderful support you must be to her and her family - good on you.

I remember my sis and I were due 2 days apart with our first bubs, she had hers a week early cos of pre-eclampsia - and as soon as I started to hold her bub, mine would start carrying on - I think that is what started me off in sporadic labour LOL they were born 4 days apart

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. I hope your bubs continues to grow with gusto!

I just got the news that bubs is coming home today. Yipee.
    I am so proud of my SIL and brother , i only went in every 4 hours yesterday for her feeds and today im knackered. My poor brother and SIl have been doing that for four days with me going taking SIL in for one feed a day to give them a break.

Oh that is good news that your brother and SIL bubs is comming home. And what a thoughtful sister you are helping them out. Also great to hear your pregnancy is going so well- good luck.