Thread: Feeling weak/dizzy & faint

Default Feeling weak/dizzy & faint

For the last couple of days i have been feeling really weak/dizzy/faint and hot. At times i feel as if i am going to pass out.

I'm am drinking and eating okay so i know it's not because i am hungry or don't have enough fluid. I still feel like this after eating and drinking something.

Do you think i should call the hospital or wait till i go tomorrow for my blood pressure check ?

If you are really worried I would go to the hospital for your own peace of mind. It does I believe usually indicate a low blood pressure or sugar level. Have you tried cordial or something to see if that helps?

Cass i had a milk shake with chocolate in just over a hour ago and that didn't help. If i am still like this when DH gets home i will call the hospital and see what they say.

Tanya i was thinking it could be because of the warm weather but not sure if it also has anything to do with PE. I know most of the signs to watch out for a i didn't feel like this with the others. Even at the shops i thought i was going to faint.

Michelle I felt like that heaps throughout pregnancy, but mine was mainly due to low BP, and I had to drink up to 3 litres a day of water to keep up with my body. I would get it checked just to be sure.

Michelle, I fainted a couple of times last Thursday - fairly warm, humid day. I generally have low blood pressure and had been to the GP on the Monday and it was really low - 85/55. Anyway, Doc said it was to do with low blood pressure, being a bit warmer than I was used to and that I was particularly tired. I turned the aircon on, got some sleep and dranks heaps of water and felt much better. I was told if I felt like that the next day, I had to come in straight away. Hope you're feeling better soon and its nothing more serious than you just taking it easy for a while

In this house we have the virus thats going around, and it has left me in particular feeling pretty weak.
    Is there a chance you have come in contact with a bug doing the rounds? Hopefully thats all it is.

Hi,

I have felt like that a few times too.

Ive been thinking it might be high BSL cos i keep going to clinic and having glucose in my urine and this only started after i started getting glucose in my urine.

But my OB said at this stage, there is no point looking into GD as im so close to delivery they wouldnt do anything about it anyway.

Just a thought. I would mention it to your m/w or someone.

Fi my friends son has been feeling ill for a few days with the same symptoms but i have only spent a few minutes around him. But the week before they where all in contact with someone that had caught chicken pox.

Kristi I'm not showing any glucose in my urine i have to check mine daily for protein and it has the glucose bit on the test.

I'll talk to them at the hospital tomorrow when i go. I'm feeling a little better now had a little nap while the kids watched playschool.

Michelle,
    I have been like this for a while now during this pregnancy... It is mostly when I am in shopping centres etc... I spoke to my midwife about it and she said it is to do with a few things... one is low blood pressure, another is low blood sugar, another is that shopping centres etc have only air conditioning and no fresh air, therefore, they are stuffy environments.
    I was advised to always have a drink with me, and to rest when I feel light headed... and if it comes down to it, avoid shopping centres altogether. I have found the best thing is to have 2 drinks with me... one of water, the other of juice... the juice is great for low blood sugar.
    I hope you start feeling better soon
    Lisa

try having some dried fruits esp apricots and dates ... these are great for both your blood sugar and iron level it may be worth a try

How did you go Michelle? Did you end up seeing your doc about it? What was the outcome? I too have had this from time to time. I had it three times when I was on rotation and we put it down to the long hours I was working and the very little sleep I was getting. I've had it twice since then - both in recent weeks when the weather was incredibly hot and I wasn't exactly dressed appropriatly My fault really. When I'm feeling off I try and take deep regular breaths, sit down as soon as I can and elevate my feet (or lay down if I'm at home) and cool down. If I'm at work, we take my BP just in case it is BP related (but it hasn't been yet). For me it normally passes pretty quickly though. I hope this isn't anything too serious for you. Do let us know how you got on the other day.

Luv MG

my dizzyness has really stepped up a notch this week, I would be really interested to see what your dr said. I have dizzy spells maybe 10-15 times a day and they are starting to get annoying, don't know if i should be driving, anyone actually passed out?

I have the same problem and increased my iron intake, fixed it more or less. I still get dizzy but not as bad as I was and iron suppliment helps instantly. Talk to your doc before starting any additional suppliments though.

Hi girls
    I have been getting really lightheaded/dizzy, hot, and nauseaus. Plu sI get little bright white firefly spots in front of my eyes at the same time. When I told my OB last friday bout this, she asked if I was still taking my iron supplement (hich I hadnt for about 4 weeks or so due to their nice constipation side effect). i was told to start taking it again straight away, as it was very low iron lvls causing the spells I was having.
    HTH.