Thread: Finding out the sex of bub

Default Finding out the sex of bub

Hi guys,
    Just a quick question, has anyone else's parter just decided that they would rather not find out the sex of the baby? we found out with our last pregnancy and both agreed to do the same with this one but now to make things difficult, DP has decided that he doens't want to anymore which has annoyed the hell out of me as i really want to so i can have the nursery more organised etc (plus i dont think i could last 33 more weeks not knowing!!). what should i do, is it silly if i find out and he doesn't? then we can't do some baby shopping together without me 'giving it away' iykwim?? Please help! i'm so infuriated!!! x

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

This is our first pregnnacy and i dont want to know and dh does!! He thinks easier to shop etc but i want surprise after labour!!!

We both want to find out so we can plan everything before the birth (This is our first)

But my nan and mum dont want to know the sex.. and have said we have to keep it a secret.. we dont want to! Why should we have to?

Isnt it our special thing?

We didn't find out with Kiara, and it was THE best after a long hard labour to have the surprise... (especially as I was convinced she was a boy!!!)

We did find out this time, so we could be more organised and know if we needed to buy anything extra in blue... as it tirned out we dont. I have got everything ready for the nursery, but am not putting it up until she is here... just to make sure they are right... too many stories that they get it wrong!

As far as one of you knowing... it wont work... There is no way I could keep that inside from absolutley everyone, this time we know, and so do our mums but that is it... and that is hard, as you have to be on your game all the time not to slip...

You still have a while before you can find out, so hang in there he might come around... you can always get the sonographer to write in on a piece of paper and put in an envelope... then give it to DP, if he wants to know you guys can open it together... if not he can put it away so you can't!!! Just an idea!!!

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

ours is written on piece of paper in envelope apparntly in chinesse so dh needs to get someone at work to translates (works for asian company so not a hassle)

but i havent given him the envelope and he hasnt asked for it since we had scan

Thanks for all ur help guys, turns out that we are 'allowed' to fing out the sex "just this time" lol!! DP changed his mind... as i thought he would, i think he just enjoys seeing a pregnant, moody woman lose her cool!!! Lets see if he sticks to this decision now!

i know this is a old post but i just wanted to add. that if u found out and hubby didnt it would be hard to hide wat u bought or how u did up the baby room lol