Thread: first antenatal visit

Default first antenatal visit

Ive posted this else where as was unsure where to post itanyway,im booked into my first antenatal appointment wednesday and i'll only be 9 and a half weeks,someone told me your not supposed to go until your 12,im worried that when my doc sent them my last cycle (and since i had long cycles )they think im further than what i am.What im asking is,is it true its 12 weeks?and has anyone else gone before like the doc thought i was 7 weeks when i was just pregnant so obviously they probably think i am 12 weeks by now but im not and i dont want them to get annoyed because my scan said i was less than what i thought.Thanks for any info!!!

Is this at the hospital?

Perhaps give them a call and ask what is going on. Let them know you are not 12 weeks but only 9.5 weeks and see what they say.

My first appointments have always been around 12 weeks.

ladies,when i went to my first antenatal visit,i thought i was at least 10 weeks,but their ultra sound at the clinics hospital only said 7 weeks,but they didnt have any problems with my dates being out by a few weeks.most busy hospitals like you to book in early,so you can book your bed.i think each state could be different,but it would be easier to ring then having to in for nothing.

my first appointment is next monday and i will be 10 weeks, i believe thats quiet normal!!

i went to my GP today for first time and i am 4weeks (got BFP on friday) and she referred me to dating scan in two weeks from now then back to her the following week. i am doing shared care with GP and public hospital.

my first appointment i was 5.4 weeks. it was mainly to fill out paperwork and get the ball rolling. Just go along anyway, they will tell u what to do next at that visit.

My first appointment at the hospital is not until I'm 16 weeks.

my bad.. we only talking about hospital appointments? i had my first one at 20 weeks but seen doctor and midwife from the start.