Thread: First Trimester Ultrasound

Default First Trimester Ultrasound

I went for ultrasound at 8weeks 5 days. The findings were Embryonic cardiac activity to be 70bpm. Size of the embryo corresponds to gestational age of 5 weeks 6 days. There is also a subchronic haematoma inferior to the gestational sac.

Dr say that this is a falling 1st trimester pregnancy. Has ordered HCG bloods and will find out Friday whether to have D&C. I haven't had any bleeding symptoms.

Has anyone else had this same thing happen to them?

surrounded by textbooks, cat toys and love

I had a similar thing happen with this pregnancy. I had a bleed at 5 weeks 5 days, they took a quick look and said bubs had a heartrate, wouldent tell me what it was, just said to come back if anything else happened. I had a 6'ish weeks ultrasound scheduled already so went to that as well, and that ultrasound found en embryo corresponding to 5 weeks 3 days with a heartrate of 80bpm, they could see the bleed, but not clearly. I was told to go home and wait to miscarry. Got some cramps a few days later and went to emergency, by this stage I was 7 weeks, got told that embryo was measuring 6 weeks, but heartrate was up to 120bpm, they also confirmed that the bleed was a lost twin. My hcg levels were always really good, increasing lots. 12 week and 19 week scans were perfect, and measuring to my original dates.

From frantic research and help from some lovely girls on here, I found that the presence of a heartbeat is more important than the rate. And that it's really really hard to measure what's going on with a 2mm embryo. I know ppl who've been in the same situation and haven't had a good outcome, but there is always hope. It's not over yet hun!

I really hope it works out for you xo

hun, I couldn't read and not offer some support.
    I lost a baby at 11wks and 6 days with out any knowledge of the loss whatsoever. I had a scan at 12 weeks and they measured bubs heart to have stopped beating only the day before. I never even knew.
    Make sure you ask for another scan without them rushing you off to have a D&C too.
    I have also had subchronic haematomas with all my pregnancies. As far as I know they aren't a marker for mc.
    Could you have O'ed later? than you thought?

Thanks for your advice. I am going to ask to have another ultrasound. I have to wait until Friday to get blood results. I'm sure my dates are right as I know when my LMP was. I am 9 weeks now. I had a m/c in May this year it ended after 6weeks. I didn't have to have a D&C as my body dealt with it naturally. Just have to wait til Friday for some more news.

duey
    Just to put your mind at ease your dates sound spot on as as you know GA is usually 2 weeks behind LMP dates (but for me in melbourne they go by U/S scan dates eg GA)
    The HR and the hematoma .... see what the next u/s and blood workup says sweet ok my thoughts are with you x

Can't help but wanted to offer some

Can't help either but just wanted to say I hope that it all works out for you

Sue xxxx

Just wanted to let u know my good news. Went to drs today for results of HCG tests, it was quite surprising they are up in the 6000s and increasing. I couldn't believe it, dr said she was confused too. But we are still not out of the danger zone yet, have to have HCG checked again on Monday, then another U/S at the end of the week. Talk about an emotional rollercoaster. Thx for all your hugs and advice. xx

I'm so glad to hear yoour good news, I hope all goes well with you next set of tests! PG is definaltey and emotional rollercoaster.

That's great news so far. Hang in there this week!!

Hi Duey, just wanted to say congratulations on your good news!

My first bHCG levels were only 29 at 14dpo, supposedly 5wks gestation going by LMP.
    I recently was in the emergency department because of some cramping & spotting and it was suggested that I had a subchronic haematoma as well.
    Turned out I didn't, but at our dating scan just 2 weeks earlier it was found that my bub was measuring 6 days behind my LMP dates.
    I had not O'd at my normal time of CD14-CD16, and as I was temping at the time and using FertilityFriend it seems that I didn't O until around CD21 instead and implantation occured slightly later than the more normal stage of around 7dpo.
    I am now 9wk 6d, and bub was measuring at exactly 9wks on last monday when we had our emergency ultrasound to find out what was going on.

I'm wishing you all the best! It might just be that you O'd a bit late and that implantation occurred slightly later too, or as with KitFaerie, it may be that you have lost a twin and it is being retained and reabsorbed instead of the body expelling it via bleeding.

Sending lots of Sticky Vibes your way!