Thread: Flu Vaccine & Pregnancy - Read Before You Get The Flu Shot!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default Flu Vaccine & Pregnancy - Read Before You Get The Flu Shot!

[url=http://www.bellybelly.com.au/pregnancy/flu-vaccine-and-pregnancy-to-flu-shot-or-not-flu-shot]Flu Vaccine and Pregnancy - To Flu Shot or Not Flu Shot?[/url]

Please have a read of this important article before you decide on getting the flu shot.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Thank you for posting this... I will have a read now... my ob was fine with me not wanting it but I met his back up Ob the other week and she was horrified with my decision and said I could get sick and lose my baby! I wasn't very happy with that reaction to say the least and pray I will not have to see that Ob again!

You're welcome Yes it frustrates me that medical advice isn't always based on best evidence, and moreso personal opinion. Especially when health care workers aren't highly vaccinated either, for the reasons stated in that article. You really have to take medical advice as one person's opinion, then do research yourself and make your own decision and choices, not theirs. You also have to remember that they are 'educated' and compensated by sneaky sales reps too. Sounds like that Ob really believes it though, which is sad! More people die from incorrect medications/doses every year.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!

*bump*!

This is in the media today with a big push for people to get vaccinated. Do your research!!!!!
    Kelly xx

Great article, thanks! It's good to have lots of different sources and opinions before making a decision like this. I've never had a flu vax before and probably never will - my GP and DH were both slightly alarmed when I turned down the offer of a free vax at my last appointment, but that's probably because he's asthmatic and gets one every year. Would be interested to hear other women's partner's reactions to not getting the flu vax.