Thread: Flying late in preg

em.. Guest

Default Flying late in preg

i was just wondering what the ideas on flying late in the third trimester....

ok or to be avoided....

liz

Liz- I would probably think it was OK as long as your ob/midwife does a check of your health prior to leaving. Also, depends if you mind possibly having the baby at your destination or at home - there is a risk of that. Plus, depends on the medical car available at your destination. Just play it by ear and see how you and your baby are progressing......Hmmmm a holiday sounds good prior to bubs arriving....

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

My insurance agency said they don't cover you if you're over 34 weeks (though that could be a pregnancy-brain incorrect memory)? I also read that you shouldn't fly when you're over 37 weeks (not sure where I read it though....ring the airline perhaps?).

Some airlines have rules about flying when pg ie not after 37 weeks etc. Also if you have insurance check to see if you are covered. We went OS when I was 7 months and I found a company who covered both me and the baby if we went into labour while we were away.

sonsangel Guest

My sister is a flight attendant with Qantas. She wasn't allowed to fly after 7mths and was grounded from then on.
    Not sure of the actual procedures, may be worth giving them a call before you actually make plans or book anything.

I fly a bit with work and told work that I would not fly in late pg so my last one was at 30 weeks while pg. My feet swelled and I couldn't get my shoes on and the tray didn't go down but everything else was okay and I now have a perfectly healthly baby. Oh, and just a tip to remember where you parked your car. I lost mine and there were 4 staff looking for it and they thought I was going to give birth in the carpark!