Thread: Found out the gender question

Default Found out the gender question

Omso I'm probably being super paranoid but I just can't bring myself to wash any of the little pink things we have bought I am so worried she is going to turn out to be a he. We couldn't see at 19wks but were given 60% at 22wks and a pretty def girl at 26 wks, I think I'm having a girl but I just don't want to pull those tags off just in case.

Anyone else like this or am I being a nut?

Edit the post, and you'll be able to delete it from there.
    I know what you mean, we were told it was definitely a girl, but I wasn't convinced until she was born.

Steographers are very well trained to know the difference these days. When confirming a girl they look for the labia. There is a only very small chance they could be wrong - but it does happen. But, since you have had 2 scans, the odds are in favour of a Girl!

Good luck!

I thought i was pg with a girl this time, both my 18 and 33 week scans confirmed it was a boy! So with two confirmations its a girl i would pull those tags off girl!!

Smile

Hi Saram,
    No, i dont think your being a nut!!
    I was told at 16w he was over 95% she was a girl, then at my 20w i didnt say i knew but asked the sex (different guy) and he said he was pretty sure it was a girl. (god i hope so!!)
    I have some pink clothes but most are white or another colour. I was thinking the same thing, so what i have done is i washed one little pink jump suit (that i want for the hospital) and two pink blankets, im also taking one white blanket - just incase. I thought i'd leave the rest of the pink things for when i get home - just to be safe, if she does turn out to be a boy - i'll keep the blankets and suit for my next one (and pray for a girl!!) or give them to friend who has a girl! Although, i have already told DP that if we do have a boy he'll need to run to bunnings to get blue paint as we painted a feature wall pink in the babys room!

Good luck!

Saram I'll merge the two threads for you & delete a post

poppet Guest

I agree - pull the tags off. With my daughter i was told "im pretty sure its a girl". Well that was it for me, i went out and bought pink, pink, pink. Like you, it wasnt until i was nearing my EDD that i thought mmmmm maybe they were wrong....but whats the worst that can happen ???
    If you have a girl, and dont wash the clothes, thats an extra chore for you when you get home from hossi.......

mum5boys Guest

If you are a nut then so am I. I know exactly how you feel as I am the same.
    I have 5 boys and was told at my 20wk u/s this one is a girl(99.9%) but I won't believe it until I see with my own eyes there are no little boy bits.
    I have bought a few pink things for the baby but I won't take them into the hospital with me or take the tags off and wash them incase I have to return them and exchange them for blue.I know lots of women having babies around the same time as me so I will probably just give them away if I have to.
    I have a feeling it is a girl but we will just have to wait and see.
    I will for us that it turns out the way we hope.
    All the best
    Michelle

Thanks good to know I'm not the only one. My family went pink crazy when we told them despite me saying I won't be convinced until I see with my own eyes. I have lots of neutral and white from when DS was born so I might wash the up and the going home outfit and leave the rest until we come home. I have picked out a beautiful linen set that I told DH he has to go and buy the moment we can confirm with our own eyes that she is a she!

Looks like lots of us having girls soon so fingers crossed for all of us.

oh and thanks Christy for fixing up the boo boo

LOL I was the same with my DD - even though I could CLEARLY see that she was a girl on more than one occasion I still didn't pull the tags off her clothes or wash anything.

I got to 36 weeks pregnant and was still debating whether to do it or not when I went into labour - so my mother had to unpack everything and wash it all before I came home from hospital three days later!.

We were told we are having a girl at our 20 week scan. But just in case I am only buying a few pink outfits! I will pull tags off and wash them for the hospital but if she turns out to be a he then I will just give them to somebody else! You could always give them to somebody on BB if you have to!!

we were told we were having a boy @ our 20 week scan, and again at 36 weeks when I had anoher scan.

I still didn't believe it until milo was born.

BUT I did pull all the tags off and wash everything. Its much easier with blue than pink. Lots of little girls wear blue. Less little boys wear pink