Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Freaking out... feeling like a whinger tho.

Default Freaking out... feeling like a whinger tho.

God i feel like a whinger, but i cant tell DH how i feel, otherwise he tells me im just attention seeking!
    Over the last 2 days, my fingers have started swelling. They dont look like it, but my wedding band is usually almost falling off, and its stuck on my finger atm. I had 3 dizzy spells yesterday, one so bad i sat down on the floor of the shopping centre and an old lady asked me if i wanted an ambulance. I drank a 2L bottle of coke (i hate coke, but i was at FIL's house, and i dont touch anything there if poss, i dont think it's been cleaned in decades!!) AND WAS STILL THIRSTY. i came home and drank all night, and got no sleep because i was pee'ing or drinking all night. And my back's still cramping thru all this, those awful dull cramps in the lower back that nothing, not even the best hot pack or massage can help. And had some niggly pain in my stomach, just the usual. Its my 3rd pregnancy, you think i would know the answers to everything, but i feel like i know nothing...
    i can't get into a gp for days, as i have to wait for one that bulk bills and i dont have a car and stuck in tullamarine with no money, and i dont have an ob anyway. Im not booked into a hospital, and im so scared that i might have gestational diabetes. im freaking out!! Help!!

OK Simone, just take a deep breath - you are not being a whinger, you have been through a lot of late, but you can't ignore your health. I'm sure you are fine though. It is possible you were just dehydrated. When you are dehydrated your muscles can get sore. I did get a bit of swelling in the later half of my pg and couldn't even get my rings on - so that could just be normal anyway IYKWIM? Don't panic about not getting in to see a Dr straight away, if it is GD, nothing drastic is going to happen in the next few days. Plus at your gestation you would be having your GTT about now anyway. Just make sure you do drink lots of fluid (and it is best to just drink water because sugary drinks will only make you thirstier) and try to rest as much as you can.

now im really freaking out... i went for like my 50th pee of the day, And there was a couple of spots of blood on the toilet paper. i think it was blood anyway. I dont know what to do!! HELP!!

Dont worry Simone, im feeling the same.
    My fingers are slightly swelling too and my rings really hurt to have on and get off.
    The other night i had a cramp in my leg which wouldnt go away and i cried. DP was rubbing it for me, but being pregnant and all i couldnt stop crying. Last week we were having issues that were tiny with DP's mum, and i couldnt stop crying.. then on the weekend i just felt sad and cried again.
    Then ususally of a night my tummy can ache. I think its just due to stretching but DP hears it all.

What im saying is i think pregnancy itself is just a very emotional time. Like Sherieb said, take a deep breath and have a moment to chill out and relax. The best way i was taught to relax is breath in for 5 seconds, hold it for 5 seconds, breath out for 5 seconds, hold it for 5 and repeat that a few times. It gets your heart rate down and helps slow down your mind when its racing.

Aww Simone..you might be a little dehydrated. Coke contains caffeine which is a diuretic which makes you want to pee. Because you are peeing when your body doesnt really need to but just because of the caffeine it can cause you to become dehydrated. Water is the best drink if you can.

Jo

i know, and i drank water all night, near on 4L of it!!

simone get someone to take you back to the womens for a check up. If you want, call an ambulance. If you have cover its totally free and its worth it

let me know if i can help at all

im thinking about calling the womens and seeing what they say... im going to be on first name basis soon!!! I was only there saturday night! I went and had a shower after the drops of blood. They weren't really dark, just slight pinky drops. and since the shower, the lower back cramps have gotten stronger, i cant sit down as the pressure gets too strong, i'm standing over the laptop to write this!!! TMI WARNING (as if the previous stuff wasnt tmi anyway!!) when i got out of the shower, i put my leg up on the side of the bath, as i always do, to dry my nether regions properly. and the strongest pressure went thru my vagina, all the muscles swelled up, my clitoris was huge, it looked awful (what i could see over my belly anyway, i couldnt find a mirror!!) after watching house the other week, i dont want to seem like the woman with that munchasens (sp?) disease, where people go to hospital all the time for attention. DH said that was me after a fight last week. And i hate going to hospital, i just want to make sure my bubby lives. i just dont know what to do.

and i cant go to the womens, i have the boys. I'm thinking about driving in, only prob is the traffic. I have ambulance cover (love HBF - $66 a year!) but its not an emergency

ring them straight away! ring the emergency department and do exactly what they say. They are experts in there and they can help you!

call the ambulance! it doesnt matter if you think its an emergency or not. it could be! and atleast then you;re safe. dont risk it-- you got a baby in there!

Calling RWH, just getting the number. I've got the boys, so i'll have to drive in. DH wont be home from work until after about 8, he's in Mt Eliza today, everyone's working late shifts. just my luck, this all hapens today!!

93442000 and ask for emergency

Spoke to a midwife in emergency, after describing the spots and cramps, they want me to "wander in" for a check up. i'm going to drive in, cross your fingers for me tulla fwy and flemington rd wont be packed!!!

Simone, I know you and the baby will be alright. The spotting you saw could have come from a skin irritation from having to go to the toilet and wiping so much in the last day or so. When you dried yourself, you could have just gotten a cramp down there and because of your position it may have made it look bigger than it is.

do you need me to go with you? or drive you there?

ill be ok, and if it does get really bad, i promise i'll pull over and call an ambulance

i will pm you my details incase u need em

drive safely!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast