thread: Free health care my butt!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Sep 2007
    Brisbane
    5,729

    When I had DD1 I didn't have to pay for any scans or BT's... now with the second bub I have to pay out of pocket for the scans... it is VERY difficult to find a bulk billing ultrasound clinic and even then they can only bulk bill you in certain situations.

  2. #2
    2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

    Mar 2008
    Vic
    4,806

    Yep, I was shocked when the bill arrived the other day for it. Didn't get charged for it with DD. So overall, the scan cost $220 and the pathology bit just over $100. Frikken expensive scan! And that was on top of $220 for my inital ob appointment, with $90 per visit from now on.

    It drives me mad that I'm private, have specified pregnancy as one of my "extras" and all that gets me is a bed in a private hospital. IMO, it should cover my appointments too, as it did when mum was having me (she tells me every time I have an appointment how in the old days pregnancy cover used to cover appointments and scans too).

    So on top of the $160 per month we pay for our PHI, we're hit with these bills too, and we're supposed to be "better off" for having PHI? Bull ****.

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Jul 2008
    Melbourne
    3,244

    i have paid for the NT screening both times (so about 18 weeks ago & before that 3 years ago). i didn't have to pay at the time i had the blood taken but i did pay when i had the u/s done & then a bill from the RCH (think it's the murdoch research institute that does the results?) for the pathology. the scan cost me around $200 & the pathology was about $120 from memory.