Thread: Gatorade

tiamiami Guest

Default Gatorade

Hi all......... I was wondering if anyone knows if Gatorade is ok to drink while preggo. Please let me know....

I'm sure it would be... I can't think of any reasons why it wouldn't be ok?
    Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though...

yes its ok, midwife even suggested drinking it during labour to keep up fluids and energy.

I was told do not drink it whilst preg, but OK to drink to stay rehydrated when breastfeeding...
    I drink a few a day & am breast feeding...

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I too was told not to drink it. My memory is foggy on who told me, or whether there was a warning on the bottle? I know that you're supposed to avoid drinks with artificial sweeteners, so maybe that's the reason?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

My Ob said Powerade was fine... which was good cos I love my red Powerade LOL
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Actually now that I think about it... I think Powerade has normal sugar in it, whereas Gatorade has the artificial sweetener... just check the back of the bottles to be sure!

I drank the blue Powerade like crazy when I was pregnant with Madeleine... even packed a 4 pack in my hospital bag !!! She is now a happy and healthy 9 year old.

Hi.
    My obst told me to drink powerade when i was pregnant to increase my sodium intake, because i was suffering from lots of leg cramping.
    aaa.. so i virtually lived on the stuff!

I thought that for every bottle of Powerade or Gatorade you had to drink twice the amount of water after it as it is supposed to be used for heavy excercise and only replaces the salt you lose through sweat rather than hydrating you? Heard that off a friend who was a sports fanatic.
    But who knows......if you enjoy it, and your baby doesn't jump around for hours after you drinking it, surely it's ok?!

I found that the only thing that kept me from fainting during my first trimester was half a poweraide. I spoke with the GP and hospital about it & they both said it was fine to have half at a time and to try & not overdo it, but it obviously helped raise my blood pressure enough to get through those low drops I was having.