Thread: Gel heat packs

Default Gel heat packs

Just wondering where I can purchase gel heat packs from? Looked in Big W but they had none.

Thanks

I have only ever seen them at markets (Queen Vic Market here in Melbourne) or on those temporary tables at large shopping centres.

Good luck with your search.

Astrid

I got mine at a market but my labour was too quick and I didn't get a chance to use them!

Hope they help you!

I had a wheat pack that I bought from the chemist. It was fantastic for the cramping and backache early on.

You can get them as sports gel packs at the pharmacy. They are about $10 for a small one, and about $15 for a larger one I think.

Once heated, they are best slipped inside some fabric - if you are handy you might want to make a slip for one. Maybe material as thick as a pillowcase or something similar? I used several in hospital while being induced, and also before the good drugs kicked in. Actually - I still used them after that!! Heat packs are also great for putting over your tummy when your uterus is contracting during those first few days afterwards.

Fi

Hi Nadine

Gel heat packs you can get from chemist shops.

I have a wheat heat pack that you can pick up at markets, physios and chiros (generally most have them in their waiting areas).

Is there an advantage to using the gel over the wheat or vice versa?

All the best...