Thread: Gender of Baby

Default Gender of Baby

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has had a expirence with there ultrasound giving the wrong gender or if anyone knows the percentage of the ultrasound being wrong.

I have been told i have a girl,but everyone keeps telling me
    dont rely on the ultrasound its usually wrong,its kind of getting on my nerves.

i actually dont care at all what i have but just curious to see the statistics and others expirences.

thankx

I wouldn't have said usually wrong but I do know of a few "girls" that were in fact boys - including my cousins second child. Ithink the chances are higher that it may be wrong if they "guess" girl than if they guess boy because if they identify boy his "bits" are usually quite clear. But again I stress I've heard of a few but I certainly wouldn't say that it's usual. I would have thought that if they have identified your new bubs as a girl it is more than likely that she will be a she.
    Last edited by jaspen; September 13th, 2006 at 05:07 PM.

I have heard of a few too, but again usually in cases where they can't be 100% sure in the first place.

I had no idea what boy bits look like on a U/s until i saw a pic recently and it is unmistakeable what they are.

This could have actually just happened to Britney Spears... she was letting everyone know they were expecting a little girl, she apparently was seen buying pink clothes and dolls, had chosen a girls name... and popped out a boy. She may have been trying to fool people, then again, she may have been told the wrong gender too.

I know someone on BB who had it happen too. I was told with Matilda that they weren't even going to try & guess. With this one the first scan we were told that there was 80% chance of a girl but they couldn't be positive due to too much movement, the second scan they were a bit more convinced due to seeing "vaginal folds" but still weren't keen on putting a most positive percentage. Its frustrating but at the same time I guess having an educated guess is better than not (if you want to know that is....)

Yeah i think they would say they weren't sure if there was any queston about it. When looking properly you can definately distinguish between a boy and a girl. My dd was obviously female!

KelliD here on BB was due to have a girl........and had Liam, after 3 (I think?) ultrasounds saying that bub was a girl, and out popped a little boy........

I was told with all 3 of my boys, and my angel DD, what they were, and in all cases, they were right

In this day and age it would be unlikely they're wrong because they can be sued if they are. So if theyre not 100% sure they'll say that (I think they say that regardless) or they won't tell you. I had three u/s for DD2 and all of them said this "it's a girl I think, but I can never be 100% sure). This was to cover them, but of course it was a girl, otherwise it would have been a boy missing his important parts!!
    Also if you have an early scan, it's best not to find gender (ie at 12 weeks). My sister had this, they said boy, but then at 20weeks they said girl xoxo

My Mum & Dad have a close friend & their daughter was pregnant & had haemoraghing(sp) all during her preg & sop had about 8 or 9 ultrasounds as she often lost clots... Every Ultrasound they told her she had a fiesty little man in there & then she got really ill & so they raced her in with her DP & did an emergency C/sect & out popped a ..... GIRL!!!

Her OB & DP were absolutely gobsmacked as they had bought EVERYTHING for a boy, the whole nursery was decked out & they had his name embroidered on towels, clothing, a wall hanging & had bought his name in letters & put them on his bedroom door!!!
    The lady when she woke from being knocked out (sorry baby brain cant think of correct terms!) would not believe them & kept saying, where's my son, wheres my son....
    They have gone on to have 3 more daughters too, so god only knows what happened to all their stuff for a boy??? The oldest si sthe same age as maddison so 7 yrs isnt that long ago to make such a massive misdtake!
    I didnt ask with Maddy, I knew she was a he (show's how intune I was!?) With Indah we asked & they said at a guess she was a girl but only a 60% guess!!!

LOL

well i was told three times that 80% its a girl with this bubs,so i think it might be,also i got a ultrasound photo of the face and it looks really femanine and pretty!!.
    but just to be sure i have still bought neutral colour clothing and i told DH to pick his fav boy name as i have just in case!!

tiggy Guest

Our first u/s with Lily, they told us she was a boy. We had another one due to bleeding and they said girl.
    I had a friend at the same time who was told girl all along and then out popped a boy. That was 8 years ago.