Thread: Gender prediction based on heart rate?????

Default Gender prediction based on heart rate?????

Hi all,

Out of curiosity, how accurate is predicting the gender based on heart rate? Has anyone had any success with this? A friend was telling me the midwives guessed all of her three kids purely based on heart rate and were correct for each one! We can't wait to find out the sex of our little bundle so would love to hear what your thoughts are!! Our bubba's heart rate at the ultrasound today was 133bpm.... What does this mean!!!??????

Would love to hear from you!
    x

DD1 had a low beat and was a girl
    DD2 had a high beat and was a girl
    DS had a low beat and was a boy

So i dont believe in gender based on HB personally

DS had a low Heart rate
    both DD's had higher ones.

Is it high for girl and low for boy or the other way around? I forget these things.

Sure its high for girl, low for boy

I cant remember if it's 140 or 160 that is used. i.e. over 160 girl and below is boy.

I also recall reading its more in the later stages of preg rather than early. I never get told the heart beat, i am not sure if the doppler they use has it on a screen or not at my ob. I always mean to ask but forget when i hear that heartbeat sound cause it doesn't matter all of a sudden.

ds- 170 dd 160!!!

no idea!! i really wnet by my inituition ans i was right both times.

higher for a girl I remember , I think Maybebabie is correct:

" cant remember if it's 140 or 160 that is used. i.e. over 160 girl and below is boy."

I think it's 140bpm - over and it's meant to be a girl. Both my girls were over 140bpm.

Ds was very constantly 154bpm and this time, I am having a girl who is about 150-154bpm .. so made no difference here.

Default ....

ive had a baby girl and her heart rate was always around 150 and now preg with bub number 2 and its a girl her heart rate is around 150ish aswel... so im not sure with boys

i dont know how a heart rate can poosibly mean boy or girl!!!
    low heart rate is probably when bubs is resting or asleep
    high heart rate bubs is awake and moving

Yep agree with what AJP said cause I remember with Em it varied so much at all my appts and when she was moving around, kicking was higher.

I am not sure either but ages ago one of the girls in my earlier due date group, she had an older MW who told her that if the babies hb sounded like a horse galloping then it would be a girl, if it sounds like a train chugging then its a boy. I think it only works later in the pregnancy though.

Nikita had a hb of 150something at 6 weeks, this little beanie had a 154 bpm hb at 8 weeks - who knows - Dh is convinced its a girl.

Nae x