Thread: Gentle Washing Powder

Default Gentle Washing Powder

Calling all mums - I was just wondering if you could recommend a gentle washing powder that won't irritate baby's sensitive skin. I'm originally from the U.S., so I'm not familiar with which brands might be gentle enough for babies. Thanks for your help!

-Stephanie

There are a few liquids that are for sensitive skin. They usually say on the label. I've used and omo sensitive one and also used wool mix for babies clothes.

kirsty Guest

I used, & actually still use to this day, Am~O~Lin Sensitive Laundry Liquid. I have found it to be brilliant ~ gets all the stains my boy can throw at it. We also chose to use it coz when he was little he used to get a bit of eczema every now & then & it never aggravated it.

I was using Amolin for a while with DS but have recently swapped back over to OMO SEnsitive Laundry Powder, both are fine for a baby`s skin.

I used to use Purity sensitive laundry liquid occasionally and found that worked really well. Now we just use whatever laundry powder we're using for our clothes but at about 1/2 the recommended amount. This method works just as well (even gets poo stains out of nappies!) and it has never irritated Kynan's skin.

:shock: I never would have thought of using something different

I am going to be such a bad mother

Luckily I already use omomatic sensitive so sounds like I'll be OK

I also use the Omo Sensitive powder now, but used Lux soap flakes when Kaleb was a newborn.

I've used Omo Sensitive since Janae was born, and it's never irritated her skin. My step mother thought she'd be a gem and wash a load of clothes for me once in normal powder, and Janae started coming up in all sorts of rashes...

Bel

mooshie Guest

for the first six months i use amolin and it smells divine. from then on i just chuck it all in and also use the omo sensitive - which works well. my dh, ds and dd all have very sensitive skin and i tell you if i secretly swap over a washing powder to a more cheaper one i know about it with them all itching and scratching.

I also used Omo Sensitive for Aidyn from birth, but switched to a normal powder when he was over 6 months old.

I used LUX flakes for Matilda's clothes the first 2 months and then I washed them in whatever I was using. I did only 1-2 night outfits first to make sure she didn't have a reaction & after 2 weeks I did everything

i bought omo sensitive before Emma was born. when i got home from the hospital I discovered DH had been washing her clothes in the normal stuff. she had no reaction so i have just been using our regular stuff since!

Thanks everyone, that really helps!

Stephanie

I have a front loader, and none of the super sensative ones work in front loaders, so I just used half the normal amount of powder, no fabric softener, and an extra rinse. I do all her nappies and clothes this way, and we have had no problems at all. Usually all the stains get out - sometimes bibs next a second wash - if they are good ones!

Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Fi
    I have a front loader, and none of the super sensative ones work in front loaders, so I just used half the normal amount of powder, no fabric softener, and an extra rinse. I do all her nappies and clothes this way, and we have had no problems at all. Usually all the stains get out - sometimes bibs next a second wash - if they are good ones!

Fi
    I also have a front loader. Omo have a sensitive version for front loaders (omomatic sensitive) I think it's a green box.

We got the Lux flakes to use when bub is a newborn as a couple of books (I think?) recommended using that instead of washing powder. But this is only okay for top loaders - not sure about front loaders.