Thread: Getting HCG levels tested?

Default Getting HCG levels tested?

Hey guys,

I had a blood test done today at 2pm for HSG levels. I am wondering when I should go back for the second... the doc said 36 hrs, but I thought it was 48 hours later?
    Do you think if I got it done at around 12pm on Saturday (thurs today) then that would be enough time?

Fingers crossed they double for me!

Melinda Guest

Hi Apple,

The levels of HCG double approximately every 48 hours in early PG, so if you got them done around the same time Saturday, you'd be right. Remember though that it won't have exactly doubled....it may be under or it may be over.....everybody is different. The main thing is that it is increasing.

Sar79 Guest

Hi Apple,

Sweetheart i had my test done on Tuesday (21/6) and then again this morning (23/6) on tuesday i had a reading of 4120 and then from this mornings reading i got 6052... so that does sound about right if you go back on Saturday...

layla Guest

I just wanted to pop my head in and say something.
    HCG testing is a great way to monitor the progress of a pregnancy, but don't get too worked up if the results aren't what you expect. As Melinda said, it doesn't always double in 48 hours, as long as it's rising that's what counts.
    My hcg was taking 5 days to double with this pregnancy. We stopped monitoring it after a couple of weeks as it was stressing me out too much and early scans were all good.
    Every pregnancy is different and as you can see from my ticker, the slow rise was not a problem in my case.

please excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is HCG? im guessing it is pregnancy hormones, is that right?

Linda

Melinda Guest

Hi Linda,

HCG stands for Human Chorionic Gonadotropin, and yes, it is the hormone produced during PG.

my doc/ob didn't even take my HCG levels once, my HPT was enough to convince her i was pregnant and she said there was no need to test levels unless i was at risk of something going wrong (which i'm not).

Quote Originally Posted by misty
    my doc/ob didn't even take my HCG levels once, my HPT was enough to convince her i was pregnant and she said there was no need to test levels unless i was at risk of something going wrong (which i'm not).
    I didnt have a blood test either... but I had an ultrasound last week, and they measured it at 5 weeks. They didnt see a foetal pole or yolk (it was probably too early) so they will check my HCG levels are going up.

thanks Melinda