Thread: Give me your best baby shower game and food ideas!

Default Give me your best baby shower game and food ideas!

So I'm holding my own baby shower next weekend. I've intvited around 30 people including kiddies. I've hand made all the invites but still have a couple of things I need to decide on.

Food: so far my mum wants to do little chicken balls in tikka sauce with yoghurt dill dip and lamb balls with mint sauce. Haven't planned alot other than that so I need some simple ideas. I've got a big punch bowl so I could do a nice punch but would love a recipe.

Games: so far the only ones I know of are stinky nappy and the baby food guessing game.

Favours: I've found my favours already, will be making these http://www.thehybridchick.com/2009/0...ithout-favors/ as I think they are so super cute!

Thanks all. I'd love a hand!

Last edited by Ella; September 23rd, 2010 at 08:05 AM.

Match the celebrity to their baby's name, bingo using baby related items.
    When I have done a baby shower recently I googled baby shower games and found tonnes of great websites so maybe try that.

Cupcakes are cute for food (especially the tiny ones) dips and vegie sticks, little sausage rolls, sandwiches etc.

At my baby shower we asked all the guest to bring a baby photo of themselves and we had to guess who was who! it wa great fun, ifyou are giving away prises for the winners then make sure you have a tie breaker as we needed one! lol

Fill a cheap baby bottle with jelly beans and the guests have to guess how many are in there. The winner wins the bottle full of lollies. Just dont forget to count them when you fill it up!

Get both the grandmas to be to have a race and see who can put a nappy on a baby doll with 1 hand behing their back - always funny.

All your guests have to cut a peice of ribbon or string to the lenght they think your belly measures - closest wins.

As for the food - little baby sized things always go down well.
    Mini hot dogs - use ****tail frankfurts and those little bake at home rolls
    Pieces of bread stick with roast beef, mustard, watercress/ chicken, pesto, tomato / ham, cheese, tomato / bruchetta
    LIttle cup cakes
    mini quiche
    Rice paper rolls
    Tiny teddy cars (squish a tiny teddy biscuit into a fun sized milky way bar and attatch 4 smartie wheels with icing to the side
    teacup biscuits - tick tock bickies , attatch a marshmellow to the iced side and a freckle to the top of that, cut a lifesaver in half for the handle.

Whatever you do, i hope you have an awesome baby shower!

Wow thanks for all the ideas girls. I wish I could do everything! Maybe I'll just lock the guests in for the whole day lol.

Love the tiny teddy car ideas B26!

Ekkk - I am sooo excited ... P.s is there anything I can do to help?

Food - some triangle sandwishes always get eaten - ham and salad, egg and lettuce etcetc; some kabana cheese and onion; for the kids fairy bread and cup cakes; some bags of chips; biscuits and dip; fruit platter; veg and dip; mini queshes served cold; mini sausage rolls;

Games - I am not sure :-P

what are favours?

Favours are like the little bags of lollies that kids get when they go to another kids party. Except I'm doing something super cute! I just put the link for them up the top. Its the little shoes. Just can'te decide what to fill them with??

Games - Put pegs on a line. How many can you take off and hold with only one hand.
    Cut out pics of preg celebs, cover the faces. Guess who is who.
    A friend did this for me: buy a few baby items from the supermarket (powders, clothes etc) and people have to guess the price of each. Closest wins (and I got to keep all the baby items!)
    Freeze some jelly babies in ice cubes for your drinks - whoever's baby is 'born' first wins!!

Food - Not just cupcakes, mini cupcakes!! Mine were iced in blue, but you could do pink! These were a huuuuuge hit!
    Fruit kebabs, but on toothpicks (eg A grape, a piece of strawberry and a square of watermelon is about all that will fit!)
    Mini quiches (use a slice of flattened bread for the base)

Have an awesome time!

My friends did a completely wacky one for me on the weekend. They used pink fabric to transform the doorway into a giant vagina through wich people had to walk to get in. They made a uterus shaped pinyata, complete with ovaries (they're biologists...) that I had to bash to get the lollies out. It ended up falling down and I had to stab it open in a primitive kind of caesarean They also did the frozen baby game, but it was with icy poles, and they decided to use army men instead of jelly babies. Oh, and a game called "my water broke" where there were lots of water balloons, you had to pair off, and throw them to your partner. Every time you catch the balloon, you take a step back, until the balloon bursts.

Some more *ahem* conventional games...
    Put 7-10 baby items in a pillowcase. Guests have 10 seconds to put their hand in, feel around and then write down as many items as they can.
    Pin the dummy on the baby, or pin the baby in the womb.
    A quiz about the mum to be and her pregnancy (due date, expected place of delivery, cravings, baby's room decorations etc.)

Food - there were fetus-shaped puff pastries, filled with spiced mashed pumpkin, and little caramelised onion tarts, pita crisps and home made dip, and the mostamazing carrot cake I have ever had. I'm a big fan of the cucumber sandwich, but I usually make it with wasabi mayo or cream cheese with a tiny bit of Thai curry paste mixed through.