Thread: Glucose Tolerance Test

Default Glucose Tolerance Test

Hi everyone, I am pretty new here but thought I would ask if anyones tests were similar to mine:

Glucose Test (I think mine was about 8.5),
    GTT was 9.9 (1st hour) and went down to 3.0 (3rd hour).

The Doc said that the GTT was fine, but advised me to slow down on my sugar intake (I have certainly gained a sweet tooth or 2!) otherwise my little boy may grow pretty big.

But then I had a scan at 34 weeks and he was the perfect measurements and weight for his age. Doc said that he could still grow big in the next 6 weeks if I was to keep eating sugary things.

So now I only have 2 weeks to go (!!!) and I have watched what I have eaten, but haven't been too overly concerned. I only just got registered onto BB, so I know that this is certainly late to be asking any questions!

I just want to know if anyone out there has had similar reading to me, and still ate some sugary stuff and didn't have a large baby? Or did you cut out all sugar?

Hope you could advise. Thanks.

I wouldn't be too concerned. Trust that your body will be able to birth your baby. Its what we are built for. I think my GTT result was 5.6 or something like that. I think if there was a real concern about GD then your Ob would have actually done something about it.
    Seems I didn't have a high reading I guess I am not actually of any help but I am sure someone will be able to share their experiences with you.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

You might like to have a read of this thread about GD & testing in pregnancy in the GD forum: http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...d.php?p=385044
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Thanks for your replies!