Thread: Going to concerts 7months pregnant

Default Going to concerts 7months pregnant

A bit of a light hearted question - Do you think it's OK to go to concerts at this stage? I won Robbie Williams tickets for his Perth 1st December concert and they've just announced today that the Kylie tour is back on and that one for me will be on 5th December. I'll be 7 months pregnant by then! I'm also booked to go to the Ashes a week after. Gee, everything happens at once!!

I think it should be okay as long as you're not in general admission. Obviously you would need to make sure you don't get an elbow to the belly!!!

Celsie. xoxox

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I say go and enjoy yourself. You'll be quite far off giving birth so what reason would there be for not going? If you've got a seat to sit in I think you'll be fine

I have a ticket to Kylie too and will be nearly 34 weeks - not sure if I will be able to handle it and the 2 hour drive!!

I was at Roskilde Festival (bloody big music festival) when I was 37 weeks and the only complaint was, I needed to pee all the time. Those toilets are not very nice.:eek:

Part of me was hoping that the noise might make the baby want to come out a bit earlier, but it didn't work. He came 2 weeks after that.

I was desperate to go and see Backstreet boys in Cologne last year (major fan from the old days), but Dh refused to let me go because i would have been 6 months pregnant. I was so annoyed, and honestly, i still am! I say go and have a ball! Just take care of yourself.

We went to see the We Will Rock You musical about Queen when I was about 6 months pregnant. It was great but to tell the truth I was stressing that the baby would be born deaf LOL! I checked with my Dr and he said there is enough padding to muffle the noise!! Turned out that Zander loved the music & was kicking madly while we were there!

I say go for it. It might be a while before you can get to a concert again....

I say go for it because chances are you wont ever get to see them in concert again IYKWIM?

When I was 37 weeks with Paige, I drove 1.5hrs to take Lindsay and Erin to a Wiggles concert - there was no way I was going to miss it LOL.

em.. Guest

if it makes you feel any better i am also going to the robbie concert and will be 8.5mnths preg, i just made sure i had a seat, and will have to remember to take lots of water with me as well...

liz

I went to Dirty Dancing at 7.5 months & Indah loved the loud music too, was banging around in there!

Although I dont like your choice of music I do think you'll be fine!!!! LOL

I went to see Paul Kelly 3 days before I was due and we both (bubs and me) had a great time.

Be careful if you are in the mosh pit but if you've got seating you'll be fine!

The only thing is, I don't know where my seats are for Robbie because I haven't got them from the radio station yet. I really hope it's not general admission - but good idea Emma, someone would probably want to swap them to get closer! Wow Liz, you go girl!!Great tip to take lots of water too, I'll do that.

Thanks guys, I feel better about it now!

Pregnancy is not gonna stop me from seeing Pearl Jam in November when I will be 6 months pregnant !!! I have already asked my ob and he said it is ok. James and Madeleine have grown up on Pearl Jam and I am happy that this baby gets to experience a Pearl Jam concert... Even if the bub is still inside me