Thread: Going out for dinner!

*TamaraP* Guest

Default Going out for dinner!

We have decided for Alan's upcoming birthday we would go out for dinner this coming weekend.
    Thing is, because I am being really careful as to what to eat as I don't want food bugs I don't really know where to eat!

I know that all you can eat places are off limits, as with Chinese, Thai, Indian... but what else?

I would just make sure that wherever I eat, it looks fresh and that you are aware of whats in the food.

Maybe a nice steak restaurant?

Ummm I've been eating thai & chinese, they are places I trust really well though.

Italian would be good.

mmm id go with italian!! yum!!!

I don't think it really matters what the cuisine is, as long as the food is cooked ie no raw meats or fish, and it is a clean restaurant. Really, you could pick up food poisoning from anywhere if the food was not prepared or stored properly, short of having the food tested everywhere you go, at a certain point I think you just have to trust restauranteurs (sp?!?) to a degree or you would just go mad!

can't help you out here because i'm happy to eat chinese, thai, indian, japanese, italian, mexican, etc. the only places i won't eat are foodcourts with bain maries, and lunch bars where i'm not sure about the turnover...

As long as everything is cooked fresh before you eat it, just about anything would be fine.

I too ate alot of thai and chinese. I'd eat anything freshly cooked and most restaurants I assume cook on the spot. Enjoy xoxoxo

*TamaraP* Guest

Thanks girls, I have always been funny about my food, just a little more funnier now.

I think Italian would be nice, haven't had that in a while.

Hmm I may not be much help... I dont really choose based on the cuisine but on the restaurant...personally i avoid buffets etc (though i tend to avoid them anyway, i am quite fussy!). if you are v worried, pizza is a good bet, if you get a woodfired one you know it is cooked fresh..

You could go to the local tavern?? Usually have great meals and they're prepared fresh.

Probably your best chances of avoiding food poisoning would be to eat something that has been steamed or cooked at a very high temperature (to kill bacteria) - freshly prepared salads on a plate can have the most high level of bacteria if say it was prepared on a dirty benchtop or with bare hands (no gloves on at the time).... just be careful with fresh salad and eggs.... (i've heard this recently on a science program thats all)

If you choose a really hot (as in temperature!) stirfry or italian meal you'd be fine i think