Thread: haha me again!!! hot showers?

Wink haha me again!!! hot showers?

i read in another thread somone asking about baths... it was saud that if ur skin goes red its too hot!! this got me thinking because i don't think i ever have a shower where my skin dosn't go red is this gonna be a prob??

you are prob getting to hot, just either shorten your showers, or use abit more of the cold tap. I like my showers hot as well, and will just have a shower at a nice warm temp, and then maybe have a hot burst at end.

I also love hot showers have been known to only put on the hot tap!!!! I have been having much shorter showers (esp due to the drought) and have been TRYING to have them a little cooler, but def not as dangerous as a bath! I havebeen putting my towel on a heater to warm it up as a compromise (that said DH still thinks my showers are hotter than he could stand). I would not worry too much but maybe try just a tiny bit cooler and a little shorter to be safe.

The whole thing with showers and baths and even exercise during pg is that you dont raise your body temperature too high - so even though your skin may go a bit pink or red in the shower - you may not have raised your body temp I guess. On the other hand if you get out and dry off from either one and you are sweating etc. its too hot. The same goes with exercise HtH

I have hot hot showers, dad2be is a freak and likes cold ones hiss evil lmao. I think its just if its too hot for too long to a point where you are overheating its bad. The house Im in is a freezer box even though the water is hot i am still cold because the air is so cold so even though the shower is hot its not raising my body temp if that makes sense. Baths I think are worse because you tend to spend longer in them and your whole body is submerged in the hot water which means its easier to overheat. Thats my reasoning anyway lol I wouldnt worry too much as long as you arent pouring off with sweat and dying of heat exhaustion all should be well

I am guilty of this too, I try and keep the showers cooler and just have the last few seconds hotter on my back only.

I have a compressed nerve in my leg and heat really helps with the pain relief so I have had to use heat packs and blankets etc, but I keep them away from my tummy as well.

Hi Nonie
    It was me who posted about the red skin thing but that was for a bath. Sitting in a hot bath is somewhat different than standing under the shower. A hot shower is ok providing that you do not spend too long under the water. Hot water on your belly for any length of time is not recommended, however hot water on your back can help to relieve some of the aches and pains that you all get

yay!!! i never let the water spray directly onto my belly but i love it on my back!! always have but especially now!!! thanks alan

yay alan...this may sound strange bt since being pregnant every night i crave a REALLY hot hot shower, i sit at the floor and let the water run over me for a while then i get on my knes and let it run on the small of my backwhere it is aching... i have never had my showers as hot as i have them now but i just don't enjoy them atm if there not really really hot, talking about it i could really go one right now.....

haha girly girl that is so me sitting on the floor in the shower haha i bet they wont be able to pry me out when i am in labour

LOL Nonie
    I have had a few births in the shower Its a great spot if your the one that has to clean up after the birth. And I have managed to turn off the water before I get in there apart from 1 occasion where I got very wet..
    Taking a shower in a nurses uniform is not reccomended