Thread: Hair Colour?

Question Hair Colour?

Howdy All,

Been a big week for me - had 12 week scan with my Ob on Monday and all is going really well! Even got to hear little heart beat through doppler which was AWESOME! After an early m/c last time and some spotting on and off thorugh this one I feel alittle more at ease! Only a little!!

I have a question I have a hair appointment tonight for a cut and colour but now I am wondering if it is safe to get my hair coloured while preg? I have heard that it is safe but just want to make sure!

Thanks in advance!
    Enjoy your days!
    Kate

perfectly safe. Im a hairdresser and i have been asked this soooooooooooooooo many times. Its fine. Just be aware that ur skin might have a different reaction to the dye coz u are pregnant. Try and get ur hairdresser to do a skin test first. HTH

Thanks Holly!
    Its great that it is coming from a hair dresser! I have heard so many things about it that it gets confusing!!
    Thanks again!
    Kate

smiles4u Guest

Talking

When I was pregnant I was told to NOT get my hair coloured before the 12wks

... So, you should be fine ... ENJOY your appt, I love going to the hairdresser, it's so relaxing just yaking, having a cuppa (or champs in some salons) & catching up on fashion mags

lol our poor mags at the salon are old. need to remember to replace them or we will have everyone wearing stuff from years ago lol.
    speaking of getting ur hair done..my god...mine is due...ewwwww
    smiles - everyone has different opinions its great to hear other opinions..

oh and btw...try and get in when they dont have any perms to do...just for the fact they stink when ur not pregnant, and they smell even worse when u are pregnant lmao!! evil perms!!!

Have fun hun and post a pic of ur new hairdo

I worried about this too, but did some research and concluded it was fine - although i decided to wait til second trimester. DD was born fine and well - and with lovely dark hair and no greys (unlike her poor mum)!