Thread: Hair removal

Default Hair removal

Would anyone use/not use depilatory cream whilst pregnant?

Last time I found waxing amazingly painful while pregnant (more so than usual LOL) so I'm looking for an alternative. DH is also working much longer hours now so it's hard to get time to go the beauty therapist - DS is hardly likely to sit nice and quietly.

Jodie259 Guest

I'm not sure about depilatory creams during pregnancy - although I'm sure they wouldn't be a problem. I am sure that the creams would have a "help line" on the box - so it might be worth phoning them before using and asking... just to be sure.

But I would not use depilatory creams for a "full bikini" area... IYKWIM.

Depilatory creams actually 'burn' the hair follicle. You do not want to use it on any sensitive areas such as the "inner leg" area. Legs, underarms, and "standard" bikini area is fine.
    Although it is very similar to shaving. You are not pulling the hair from it's follicle, merely cutting it off at the surface... so it will grow back within the week.

I know what you mean about waxing though. I own a beauty salon - and I find it near impossible to get there with my 1yo. And I bit the bullet and got the XXX done last week and nearly went through the roof! Ooohhhh... but it's worth it though. I'm all ready now - for the birth

I have used depilatory cream a couple of times when pg.... just be careful to keep testing it as the minutes tick by, and not leaving it on too long, cause it will burn through your skin!!

It worked pretty well though, and although the hairs did start growing back nearly as quickly as shaving, I found the regrowth wasn't as *****ly, and didn't itch like regrowth does when I shave my bikini line...

I kind of figure, what's the point, when my hair grows heaps faster than usual anyway?

I suppose I should spare a thought for whoever catches my baby, and my poor husband in the meantime...haha, just had an image of the baby getting tangled on the way out...maybe I should keep trimming hey.

LOL Nelle!

No wonder my poor little guy is late - he's probably frightened to come out! Now I've got this mental picture of 19th century explorers hacking through the rainforest with machetes and wearing those silly safari suits, saying in fruity English accents - it can't be much further till we reach the end of this blasted jungle... (giggle).

Sorry to crash your thread Curly, especially with such silliness. Best of luck for your pregnancy!

Thanks girls! Oh Suse, I had the same kind of image in my head LOL!

Last time I endured getting my bikini line immaculately prepared for labour, (not full Brazilian though - not into that, and I doubt I could have put up with it anyway) then DS was 6 days late and so by that time I had that awful regrowth that was too short to do anything about and I actually felt a bit embarrassed! You would think I would have had better things to worry about...

Just thinking that if the same thing happened again this way I could do a bit of last minute preening IYKWIM. Not to mention the occasional bit of home maintenance anyway (presuming I can actually see what I'm doing LOL).