Thread: Has anyone else felt like this at some stage?

Default Has anyone else felt like this at some stage?

I have an instinct that something is not quite right. Now while i have no evidence to think something may be wrong, i just have this 'feeling'. I have felt like this for the last 2-3 days. Bub is moving heaps as usual, so i know he is ok. My tummy also feels really weird. I'm getting the usual ligament pain, but also just have this 'weird' feeling, it is very hard to explain. The only way i can describe it is like when you get restless legs and they go all funny, my tummy feels kinda like that. It's not braxton hicks either because i'm also getting these ontop of this weird feeling. It's stopping me from sleeping too which is making me tired and cranky all day. Maybe this is why i'm feeling something is not right? I don't know. I've never felt like this before. It's not like a worry as such or a fear. I dunno, reading this back i sound like a complete bimbo! I don't see my midwife again until next Friday so have to put up with this 'uncomfortableness' at least for another 2 weeks. I don't suppose anything can be done either so probably have to put up with it for the whole 12 weeks. I just never felt like this with Lily, so it seems strange and not normal to me. Anyway, if you've made it this far, well done. Sorry if i don't make much sense, my mind is a little muddled about it all.

skorpy Guest

Do you feel slight Anxiety,Anxious?

I have done which makes you feel things are not right aswell and worry.I have phoned and spoke to a midwife at the maternity unit and explained to them of my feelings.They are very helpful and you will find that you are not the only one feeling this way.Sometimes i feel like my stomach is empty and not as full as it has on previous days,if that makes sense.When i dont get movement for a few hours i panic because im so used to feeling this baby move all the time.

Sometimes i feel everythingis wrong with me,i think iv had every symptom going lol

Tegan, mother's intuition is a very important thing IMO. If you feel like something is wrong GO TO THE DOCTOR. It could very well be nothing, but it's better to be safe then sorry.

is the feeling a little like butterflies in your stomach, or nerves, or like loosing your guts? i get this feeling and i think it is when the baby changed from kicking to rolling and squirming around dur to lack of space in womb from growing. maybe your baby has changed its patterns of movement. i know how you feel about being paranoid!! sometimes i think i am going crazy! see your doctor if you dont feel better about the issue soon.

Hi Tegan,
    All that i can say is go and get urself checked out - it could be absolutely nothing but i'm a strong believer of mothers' intuition! My feelings, one morning at 34 weeks, of just not feeling right and not being able to shake that feeling ended up saving both my dd and my own life as i had a severe placenta abruption but with none of the signs that r supposed to go along with it...just that intuition! Just play it safe and see ur dr cause we know our bodies and babies better than anything or anyone else. Best wishes hun

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I agree with Sarah and Kate, if you feel something is wrong better to get it checked out than worry about it, worrying will do you and the baby no good at all.

Ok i am pretty sure i know what is wrong. I think i have a UTI. I phoned the doctor but she wouldn't let me in to see someone coz they were booked out, grrr. So made an appointment for tomorrow morning. I have also been getting painful tightenings in my tummy and back since this morning. It's eased off a bit but still a worry. I rang my midwife and she just told me to see what happens, if they get stronger etc, to go in. I was thinking of going to emergency but i'm not waiting 4-5 hours. I will just have to put up with it til tomorrow morning.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Drink lots and lots of water Tegan, that will help to flush your system.

Percy Guest

Cranberry juice! If you have a UTI that will help

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

You can get strong Cranberry capsules from a pharmacy, and agree with the drinking water. You can get an irritable uterus from dehydration too.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.