Thread: Have your pregnancies been the same each time?

Red face Have your pregnancies been the same each time?

Hi! While I'm not pregnant and not even close to it, I'm curious... Have all of your pregnancies been the same? Ie the same symptoms and problems??

Mine was quite horrible generally...almost everything going in the book I seemed to get or have...from the little things like gum bleeds & heartburn to the bigger things like permanent eye damage, major bad back & nasties 'down below'... Things like leg cramps each night, swollen feet & ankles, nausea etc were all very easy to deal with compared to some of the stuff that happened...

Anyway, I'm just curious if others have had lots of problems in one pregnancy only to have a great pregnancy next time around?? Is it is possible? Or is it more likely that it will be just as bad or worse the second time around??

Mine were fairly similar - the only difference was the morning sickness. It started at the same time (6w with both) but with the first one it was over with by 10 weeks, with the second I had it until about 14 weeks.

After that they were both pretty much the same.

Hi sharee-

So far both my preg have been completly different... My first one (son now 3) i had no preg symptoms didnt find out till i was 13 weeks preg and we werent trying i was on the pill. Had great skin and hair, glowing energy galore it wasnt til bout month 7 that the heart burn and indigestion kicked in... then by bout mid 8 month mark i started having probs sleeping,sore widsom teeth, back pain, leg cramps, swollen feet etc... went to 44 weeks before i gave birth...

This time i was told begining of the year i couldnt fall preg as i dont get AF, due to Poly cystic ovaries (not the syndrome) went on a course of progesterone tabs and got what we now know as AF (bleed for less then a day and hardly worth a pad) at the time we though it hadnt worked so we were planning on trying again in 2-3 months time... bout mid to late oct i came down horibly sick, throwing up for a week and a half couldnt even drink a sip of water, went to the doc to get something, was in hospital on a drip as i was dehydrated, given injections to stop the vimiting as i was bringing up blood from the constant vomiting.... after test after test.. they couldnt find out what was wrong... finally they decised to do preg bloods although it seemed unlikley.... well turns out i was preg.......it ended being bad MS..... had an US was 7 weeks preg.... had MS till 15 weeks, had severe migranes, horrible stomach aches (like bad period pain) back pain, leg cramps, sore boobs, severe asthma, hayfever has gone crazy, horrible skin, hair falling out, boobs growing at the rate Pamala Anderson got her boob job done....hehehe... but all so worth the discomfort in the end... I'm sure i have much more awaiting us in the next half

You poor thing, it sounds like you had a pretty rough time with your pregnancy!

Both my pregnancies were similar, I had a pretty easy time with both, just general complaints, but the morning sickness wasn't as bad the second time. My pelvis pain was way worse the second time though.

Hoping your next pregnancy will be problem free

Mine have both been very similar other than I had a few more bouts of nausea this time.

I had one girl first and then four boys in a row after that.
    All my boys have been the same to a tea. Weight loss of 20ks
    each time and all perfect pregnancies other then being abit
    sleepy and off at the start. No sore boobs and no pimples
    But with my daughter i put on 20ks and was sick for 3mths and got heaps of pimples(which i never get)
    I got asthma at about 25wks and i had pre-eclampsia so I was in and out of hospital for about 10wks.Sore boobs.
    Im pregnant again with number 6 and they tell me its a girl and its very
    much the same as my pregnancy with my daughter.Sore boobs pimples.
    The swelling has started already and the protein in the urine.
    I was pretty sick for the first 3mths but I have not put on any weight
    as yet and Im 23wks. And starting to get very breathless alot.
    Last edited by Mumof8; January 6th, 2008 at 08:55 PM.

So far mine have been different. I had really bad M/s with DD and even though I have had m/s this time it has been quite mild. With DD my skin was really bad & this time I have only had a lil brake out. This time I have been really tired, dunno if thats cause I have a one your old to run around,lol.

My 2 pregnancies have been somewhat different.

First pregnancy with Aidyn I had mild nausea until about 10 weeks, was hungry ALL the time, seemed to get low blood sugar often, put on 42kg, had sciatic nerve pain, and had pelvic pain.

This pregnancy (with a girl), the nausea was a fair bit worse, my appetite has been actually been lower than my normal non-pregnant appetite, I have put on about 16kg so far (am 35wks), and generally feel more energetic than I did last time. (probably because I am healthier in general this time around).

Mine we're quite different.

1st one with DD i had morning sickness until 14 weeks and it was quite bad. Was always hungry and i put on heaps of weight. I got pre eclampsia and had massivly swollen feet. Had huge amounts of pelvic pain that had me doubled over.

2nd one with DS i had mild morning sickness until 10 weeks. Only put on 10kgs all up. Was basically a non-event pregnancy. Had way way more energy this time.

The only things the same were that i carried both out the front so had a huge belly and both engaged around 28 weeks and stayed there until birth.

I've had three PG's and one miscarriage, the morning sickness and heart burn got worse each time, the pelvic pain kicked in later, the restless legs drove me mad each time, the babies got bigger.

My first pg was really good. I had ms for 12 weeks, but it wasn't too bad and was only first thing in the morning mostly every second day. Other than that I was well and felt great through the whole thing (except for the heat of the last 2 weeks). My second pg was awful. I had ms for just 10 weeks but nearly all the time. Then I got a virus which made me so sick I vomitted if I just moved my head. Then I had gastro 5 or 6 times (with constant vomitting). So you couldn't get two different pgs!!