Thread: Hayfever

Default Hayfever

I have dreadful hayfever, a naturopath recommended horseradish, garlic, vit c, fenugreek and marshmallow tablets. However, my research says that horseradish and fenugreek should be avoided in pregnancy. Do you ladies have any ideas?

I'm not sure about the fenugreek but I wanted to sympathise with the hayfever. I've been rather snotty of late and it's driving me bonkers.

Edited to add: I just found this in another forum so best to avoid the fenugreek
    Avoid Fenu greek - it releases oxytocin! (Contraction hormone) and is commonly used in increasing breast milk supply.

symphony Guest

Unfortunately I don't know of anything that can be taken to ease symptoms... I'm incredibly blocked up too, and the only thing I have to suggest is that if you get a dry throat from breathing through your mouth at night, try wearing a gauze mask to bed (dampening the area over the mouth is also OK) - It helps keep your throat moist. That gives me some relief. I also wear a mask when I'm at home and outside too if I'm really suffering...
    Fingers crossed that someone will come up with something more helpful!

My ob said it was OK to take Blackmores Hayfever and Sinutitis tablets. I'm off to see what is in them!