Thread: Headaches

Default Headaches

Has anyone experianced headaches in pregnancy??

I rarely ever get them, but recently, probably over the last few weeks have be getting them on a daily basis, I am hesitant to take too much for them incase bubs doesn't like it..

Anyone know if there is anything particular in pregnancy that may cause this, btw am still having m/s, wonderif it is linked to that.

When I was pregnant we had this same discussion in the "Due in March" thread! We figured out that we all had headaches in the teen weeks of our pregnancies, so I think it's pretty common.

I don't think it's related to m/s as I didn't have any, but had monster headaches.

I was the opposite. I get headaches alot and i think only had 1 with my pregnancy with Kameron. I had a migraine with Lachlan though and that sucked big time not being able to do too much about it.

Love

Canniel

My ob told me that the headaches are commonly due to increased hormones, namely progesterone.

I had shocking headaches earlier on in this pregnancy - maybe check to be sure with your doctor next time you see them.

Hope you feel better soon - a shower and a cold flannel helped me heaps - panadol did diddly squat!!

Best wishes

Yeah.... mine are not really bad they are just on going and really niggly.. starting to drive me mad...

I fine also that panadol does jack aswell, DP just rang and I told him - he has gone to buy me a bottle of "little bit of headache relief"see if that does anything...

Glad that it is ok though.

That is strange Kelli re the progesterone. I get migraines at the start of AF and my GP told me it was due to the sudden drop of progesterone levels lol

Love

Weird hey Kathryn!!

8-[

Boo Bella Guest

Canniel,

I have been getting headaches also. Almost on a daily basis. I was going to try "little bit of headache relief" also bust was wondering if it would work. Let me know how you go.

Bel

Canniel,

I've had a few headaches too - very weird as they are exactly the sort of headaches I sometimes get with a hangover (those thumping headaches at one side of your temple), but obviously I can't be hungover as I haven't drunk anything!!! I wake up with them, but they usually seem to die off by late morning.

Bertie

Bertie I agree with what you mean about it feeling like a hang over, that is just what mine is like - your head just feels yuck!!!

But I wake up ok and and just slowly delcine throught the day by mid arvo I am horrid- and in a ferral mood to boot

I had a shocking headache for 5 days at about 5 weeks. Dr said it was hormones. Also last pregnancy I had my first ever migraine (what hell it was, I never knew they were that bad). This was due to the softening of the ligaments in my neck. I am expecting I'll prob get one or two this time around.
    Its the same with back pain, everything is softening, so you're more susceptible to pain.

I've been getting headaches. They last for days but aren't thumpers, just dull ones that stay forever.

I actually think mine are because my necks out so I'm going to head to the physio. Don't forget that it could have something to do with you neck,shoulders and even lower back!

I know at the Angliss you can see a physio for just $15 if you're booked in.

Oh, thank goodness for this thread. Some of the headaches I've had for the last two weeks have brought me to tears; but just knowing that it's not just me suffering does make it a little easier.

I'll be sure to mention it to the GP next week but I am finding it is sometimes worse depending on how I've slept the night before (ie. akwardly with my neck turned to one side). I'm trying to keep eating on a fairly constant basis - esp seeing as though I can't handle more than 1/3 of a normal meal at the moment and meat is totally grossing me out. (Ok, anyone that knows me KNOWS I adore steak)

And don't forget heaps of water. sometimes, although not often, my headache is caused by not enough water.

Margot_In_Oz Guest

I too had severe headaches, together with terrible back and neck pain - all supposedly due to hormones.

Panadol didn't help at all - in fact it made me feel really groggy and dopey, to the point where I often had to sleep it off. So I won't take panadol anymore.

I found that regular physio treatments and massage helped massively and I wore a soft neck brace/collar occassionally during the day, and right through the night, to give my neck some support. The hormone just made my muscles too weak.

Now at 18 weeks, the pain and headaches are lessoning - thank god!!

Margot