Thread: HEART BEAT...

alex c Guest

Default HEART BEAT...

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW FAST A BABYS HEART BEAT SHOULD BE WHEN UR EARLY IN UR PREGNANCY????

mmm, not exactly sure on that one. i know that they beat a lot faster than ours though.

hope someone has an answer for you soon,

Linda

I think 120 - 180 bpm is actually a normal range. Our bub has ranged from 153-178bpm.

Hi - and old wives will say that a faster heartbeart, over 150ish is indicative of having a girl :-)

Barb.

Lee-Ann Guest

Barb - I've heard that too. Having had 2 girls already their heartbeats were around 160 bpm. When I had this u/s and they said the heartbeat was 160 bpm I thought "I'm having another girl" and I was right!

I heard between 120 - 180 bpm was the norm too. When I had my early u/s (12 weeks) bubs h/b was 150 bpm and at 22 weeks it was 160 bpm.

wells so far my munchkin had a heartbeat at 12 weeks of 140 and at 14 weeks of 156 (doc said it is likely to increase a bit as the pregnancy continues) - i am really hoping that old wives tale is true - i'd love a little girl.

I think Amy's was 156 at the 12 week scan.

Hey - I can't remember Caitlins heart rate at any of her scans, but for this one, at 20 weeks, when the woman said it was 149 bpm - I had in my head then it was a boy and then a few minutes later the sonographer asked if I wanted to know the sex and she said it was a boy.

Barb.

As the other girls have said I think between 120 - 180 was normal.

Nicholas's heart rate was always around 148bpm and he was a boy and when I had my first u/s with this one the heart rate was 148 bpm too so it will be interesting to see if this one is a boy too.

Matthew`s heartbeat was 172 @ 10 weeks later he was always 143

Very interesting. I have a 3 half yo DS and everyone is telling me i am going to have a girl. I am still guessing a boy and am still unsure as to if i should find out next week at 12 week scan or not. Bubs last scan put heart beat at 140 ish, so if the theory is right i will be having another boy.....who knows i guess it has already decided so i'll just have to wait and see what the heart rate is next tuesday, or maybe i might just ask!!

Kas