Thread: Heart Palpations at 11-12wks

Default Heart Palpations at 11-12wks

Just wondering if anyone has any expereince with very freq and strong heart palpation with shortness of breath. I went to the hosp. on thurs after a day of it and then my heart started racing, started seeing spots and couldn't catch my breath. They sent me home after a few hours and said it was normal. Any thoughts/ experience? Thanks

skorpy Guest

Sounds like Anxiety,I get it alot but not quite that bad. I feel like I am very Anxious sometimes.

But if it gets as bad as you seeing spots,I would certainly mention it to your midwife.

tiggy Guest

Could your iron levels be low?
    Sometimes when you are anaemic, you get heart palps and shortness of breath.
    Also, as someone else said, panic attacks present like this sometimes.

Good luck, it must be scary for you.

mum5boys Guest

My sister had heart palps and shortness of breath pretty badly when she was pg with her 2nd child and was in and out of doctors and hospital until they worked out what it was.She was very anaemic and lacking iron and had to have iron injections.
    My sister was a vegetarian but she had to start eating red meat,took iron tablets and she was fine,baby was beautiful and healthy.
    You should go see your gp.
    All the best
    Michelle

You poor thing. Heart palpatations run in our family, so i know how you feel. Nothing serious though. I didnt have it throughout pregnancy. I would request some bloods etc, from your GP, perhaps get a second opinion, just to ease your mind. Good luck, I hope it doesnt come back.

Thanks I get the results of blood tests back tomorrow and see my GP on Wed. From what I've found it is pretty normal I just want to make sure bubba is getting enough good stuff. Trying hard to slow down during the day which would be easier if I didn't have 25 children to chase after :-) Thanks for the advice