Thread: Heartburn 'drugs'

Default Heartburn 'drugs'

Has anyone tried Cimetidine for treating severe heartburn in pregnancy? My doctor prescribed me some today as my heartburn is just crazy, causing vomiting and headaches. anyway, i feel a bit dubious about taking it. i do trust my doctor obviously, i still worry about side effects to baby. i did some research and everything says it's pretty much ok, but i'm still unsure..
    The actual tablet i'm meant to take is called 'Magicul 200'

Hi taralee

I havent been prescribed anything- but i am suffering MAJOR heartburn- and i have been worried about eating too many rennies!!! And i thought maybe if i get the dr to prescribe something- that would be safer!!
    So i guess i would trust your Dr and just take the minimum dose and you and bubs should be fine.

And i might even ask my Dr about it and see what he says!!

I had really bad heartburn and took gaviscon with two of my pregnancies which is perfectly safe and did the trick.
    You might have a bub with lots of hair

Hi, there is a thread on here I found that suggested fruit tingles for heartburn;

http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/preg...n-earlier.html

I bought some and they have seemed to work and my heartburn can be really painful, not sure if it is a placebo effect though, but they are yummy!

I was taking quick eze but stopped (cant remember why - i just felt bad when i had them)

Thanks, I had it quite bad with DD but she had no hair for the first 17months or so LOL,
    i think i'll probably take it since i can't eat otherwise and that's probably worse *sigh* the things we do

Hi!!

I got a prescrition for a similar heart burn releif called Ranitidine. It works great- i take one in the morning and one a night and i havent needed a rennie in days!!!

The only warning my Dr gave me was that antacids and medication like this CAN make it hard for your body to absorb iron- i am on iron tablets and the Dr said i have to take the iron in the middle of the day so as the renitidine has less effect. Dont know if that helps you at all taralee- i hope your feeling ok- heartburn is the WORST!!!!