Thread: Help!!

Default Help!!

Hello!!!

Just a quick one.... my SIL is suffering quite badly with excess saliva and it's driving her completely mad!!! Does anyone have any suggestions on what might help with this. She's suffered really badly with m/s and although that has eased the excess saliva is making her feel really ill again and she can't swallow it!!!

Please help!!

Thanks.

Kelly xxx

Oh i feel her pain - i have exactly the same problem right now. I find sucking on mints helps a bit as well as chewing on sugarless gum. I hope it settles down soon for her!

I'm thinking maybe a herbal tea? Maybe try a chamomile or a ginger based one? I dont know why,I just have a feeling that it would clense the pallete.

I don't know if this will help but maybe try something bitter? I'm not too sure really or maybe if you have some water to wash the excess away? Sorry thats not a big help really is it.

Hope you can find something that will help. With the morning sickness there are tablets at the chemist you can take ginger is good too.

Jen

Hi,

I have had it a few times this pregnancy. Mainly when i have been sick. I had it when i got the flu really bad and i have it if i get reflux when im sleeping and wake up choking on my stomach acid. I just carry a glass or container around with me and spit it all out. Gross i know, but its either that or i sit there with it welling up in my mouth and i have to keep getting up to spit.

I'm finding crystallised gingers helps (sucking on a piece right now). I didn't get it with m/s but am getting it now with heartburn. Hope your SIL feels better soon.

Thank you so much to everyone who responded!!!

I'll pass all comments onto my SIL. I really feel for her at the moment - it's terrible. She can't really even go anywhere as she needs to keep spitting and it's embarrassing for her. To top it off, I feel terrible as I haven't been sick at all during this pg - not really what she needs to be seeing!!

So thanks again! Keep the suggestions coming if anyone has any more!!

Kelly xxx