Thread: HELP - BP question

Default HELP - BP question

Hi girls, just wondering if this is a significant rise in blood pressure?

At 14 weeks I was 110/62, at 24 weeks 118/60, at 29 weeks 102/70 and now at 32 weeks 138/78. I know its normal for it to go up a bit and that you shouldn't worry unless the bottom rises over 15, but I just thought I'd get a 2nd opinion ( and 3rd and 4th and so on, lol).

Natalie, that looks normal to me. Over here, there's just a normal range, not a "normal for person" range, so if you're normal then you could be anywhere in that range (I had a very high blood pressure FOR ME at the clinic last week, but still normal so no-one worried). Sometimes I do think our healthcare system leaves a bit to be desired! But in the UK you'd be normal, so that's nice to know I suppose.

At least I'm normal somewhere, lol....Thanks Ryn

tiggy Guest

Hey Natalie,
    If I took your BP, I'd consider it normal unless you had symptoms to suggest otherwise.Eg: headache, protein in urine, right upper quadrant pain, vision disturbance.
    So, how are you feeling? If you are feeling unwell and not like yourself, then I would be inclined to question 'normal'.

No I feel great, thanks Tiff. Nothing out of the ordinary, so I must be fine.

sonsangel Guest

Your BP sounds fine. Mine has been up to 140/90 this time round but last week it's back down to 120/70. BP's can go up and down all the time. I take mine at home myself and it's been much like yours. 110/65 etc.
    If the bottom number rises above 90 that's when they begin to watch you more closely.
    Sounds like you're a good incubator hehe.

goldilocks Guest

According the Heart Foundation:

1. normal blood pressure is less than 120/80
    2. normal-high blood pressure is between 120/80 and 140/90
    3. high blood pressure is equal to or over 140/90
    4. very high blood pressure is equal to or over 180/110

Hope that helps, hon!

Love
    Goldilocks
    -xxxooo-

my top number has been around 130-138 for most of pregnancy. the docotor started to worry when it hit the 140 mark and wanted me to come back more frequently to monitor. the next time i went in it was150 over something and i had to stay in bed for two days then it went back down. a couple of days later it was up to 160 over something and i had to go to the hospital for more monitoring. i think once it hits the 140 mark thats when they will start to monitor you more closely. just resting and eating well seems to keep it down for me.