Thread: Help! Cant take any more!!

mummymeegs Guest

Default Help! Cant take any more!!

I am going insane!! I have had thrush for this whole pregnancy and I am about to knife myself! Sorry if TMI.. but the itching and soreness is getting to be unbearable. The doctor has told me that it is ok to apply cream topically but that is no help at all as the thrush is more internal (she actually said that it was quite a severe attack). So far I have tried, plain yoghurt, topical cream, rinsing with diluted vinegar, yakult and acidopholis tablets and I have to have at least one bath (as well as morning shower) a day to relieve the pain. I understand why you cannot use the applicator to apply the cream, but do you think it would be any harm to use the applicator and just introduce the cream halfway? I am also worried that if it stays on the baby will be infected as he enters the birth canal.. I know that it is treatable but still not what I want to happen!!

Hey , that sounds just like me
    the WHOLE pregnancy I had really really bad thrush , and i tried everything. It was so bad that I was at the hospital once because I thought I had a leak and the nurses couldnt even do an internal check.. it was embarrasing.
    Until finally one of the midwives told me it was safe to use the Canesten Persary as long as you insert it yourself , and not use the applicator.
    I was worried because it was so close to my due date and you need insert the persary's for 6 day - but I tried it , and it worked ! ! No more thrush since.
    I was told that even if the baby had come while i was on the treatment , the amniotic fluid would clean out the Canestan and the baby wouldnt be effected by it when going through ' that ' area
    Good luck

mummymeegs Guest

That is great news about the pessaries.. I may just check with my MW too.. Just to make sure is ok at 26 weeks! Thanks Enigma..Hope little Aneta is well!

my GP has told me to use Canestan thrush cream with the applicator but to avoid inserting it deeply, so jush half way in. i have done this twice during pregnancy with no harm to the baby. it was during first and second trimester though, i would double check if you are in third.

I too suffered witrh thrush quite often during my last pregnancy. I was told it was ok to use the canasten cream with the applicator just not to insert it too far. Hope you get some relief hun. The itch can be soooooo bad.

oh oh me too!! ive had it on and off and its such a pain in the ass!!!!!!!

mummymeegs Guest

It is the world's worst pregnancy side effect IMHO!!! Yuk!! Thanks guys for the feedback re the applicator. Will check with MW and give it a shot!! Fingers crossed!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Try In-Liven which unlike all the other acidophillus (good bacteria) preparations in the pharmacy, it has 13 strains of good bacteria and not a couple, it is super concentrated and safe in pregnancy. Great for combating thrush, and preventing it. It's a BRILLIANT product with 20 years of research behind it. Click on the 'Mi-Vitality' link to find it. It's great for your health all around.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

lisa-jay Guest

Hi, I dont normally post...but have suffered with this in all my pregnancies. There is no point in just treating your self.....have to treat partner too. I didnt discover that little gem, until baby number 3. Had to pin hubby down and get him to treat himself, but it worked.

I used the applicator as well. I still get it though, and IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!! I have been in tears a couple of times from the itch. Make sure you only wear cotton underpants and if you can, sleep with none on so you can 'air-out', LOL...

mummymeegs Guest

Thanks guys! Glad to hear that I am not the only one. Kel, will try In-Liven!!