Thread: HELP has anyone.....

Spinner13 Guest

Default HELP has anyone.....

Hi Guys,
    My husband and i have been trying to have a child for approx 2 years now and for the first time in that two year period i feel like maybe i am, but i dont know if it is in my head because i want it so bad .

But in saying that..........My period is now 4 days late I have had slight sickly feeling for the last couple of days so i did a preg test last night and it came back neg, so i was wondering has anyone ever done a test and it came up neg and is in fact preg??

Your thoughts would be great. Thanks

yes, I know people who have had multiple HPTs come back negative when they were infact pregnant.

You should always do it in the morning, not at night, and preferable the first time u go to the loo, as the hormone concentration will be higher that way and this will affect the resulr.

I had neg HPT's till 10wks pg with My second. BT told me I was at 4wks (had been having m/s so def felt pg). Goodluck and I hope u get a BFP very soon!

I didn't get a BFP until 40dpo (7w7d pg)... but then again, I didn't test before then either cos I'm a wuss and scared of the evil BFN monster.

I think B456 (Brooke) had a similar experience with her first, took a couple of weeks to get a BFP, I believe she was another 7-weeker.

Good luck, and if it keeps going then get a blood test, that will prove conclusively one way or the other.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Yep I had heaps of negative hpt's in the beginning, I waited until I was 1 week late before I got a positive and even then it was quite faint. It wasn't until quite a few weeks later I think before I got a really dark positive.

Try again first thing on the morning, make sure it's the very first time that you go to the toilet for the day. If it's still negative wait a few days and try again. If you still get negatives and still no period go and visit your dr and get a blood test.

Good luck.

Spinner13 Guest

Hi Guys,
    Thank you so much for all your words of wisdom, i will tomorrow morning try another test if that is still neg and still no sign of the ladies i will then proceed to my local GP.

Once again thank you.

Fire Fly Guest

Good luck Spinner. I think i was 5 weeks when i tested with Dd and DS i was the same i think for memory.

Let us know how you go.

my SIL BFP didnt show up till she was 7 weeks pregnant. Good luck.