Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help with hosting a baby shower

Question help with hosting a baby shower

hi all this is my first time i am hosting a baby shower... i need ideas on everything!

my friend is 32 weeks is this aroud the time you have the shower?
    i hope you are not reading in here bec
    arty: no no..:shame:

i need ideas on what to provide for food?

do we need to provide giftbags to say thankyou?

what do you do at the shower?

what types of games? i am doing guess the weight!

i have seen on here someone suggesting to get some white singlets get fabric paint and get each person to make a design waht a fabulous idea that will be treasured and remembered for ever.
    any more great ideas like this please ladies put your thinking caps on i need all your brain power!arty:

thanks for all your help!

I had mine at 34wks so I think 32wks is good. We had a game where everyone wrote down what day/time/weight/sex the baby would be and then the person who was closest got a little prize (was all anyone was interested in after I gave birth - who won) Did the guess how many squares of toilet paper would go around mum-2-B's belly did fasted nappy change game and find the nappy pins in rice.

Food - in this weather lots of fruit and light snacks dips etc, sandwhiches. My mum made a cake covered in those tiny baby dolls you get from the craft shop (looked a bit strange but a nice idea)

Have fun

Question help with baby shower prizes and goodie bags

hey all,

what are some good ideas for the prizes for the games ect?

and some ideas for goodie bags pleaswe put your thinking caps on ladies thanks to all

thanks for thoes ideas what is find the pins in the rice?

Hi Jodie,
    I have a couple of suggestions for the dads/men to be included in on, as there was one in my family that did these, and they were a blast apparently.
    1. All the guys put on towels with pins like a nappy. They have to wear a paper bonnet and a dummy around their neck on a ribbon , and are all are given a baby bottle filled with beer.
    They then have to race each other to down the baby bottle of beer first.

2. The dads all line up and are given a doll and a cloth nappy, some pins and talc. The race is for the first dad to change the baby.

A party game for everyone is pin the dummy on the baby,,, very funny as it makes everyone feel like a kid again

As Saram said, light sandwiches, fruit platters,,, mini quiches ,,,,etc are great in hot weather,,,, and also a nice big bowl of punch with ice in it is great as everyone can just refill as they need. Also some little patty cakes with blue and pink icing are great, and you can decorate with things like those jelly babies, milk bottles (hint from my great belly buddies group lol) etc
    Good luck planning the babyshower, I am sure it will be a smash hit

Sorry my brain is giving out on me. Basically you hide safty pins (closed of course) in a bowl of rice, blindfold the person and see who can find the most in a set time. It's good if you have a small party if everyone had their own bowl so it's more like a race. My fav was the cloth nappy race where you have to race another person to put a cloth nappy on a doll, it's a great game if you have a few old hands at clothing and a few would have a clues - lots of laugh

thanks for these suggestions with the men o what a laugh

hay there im having my bub shower this sunday.
    and my sister and mum are doing it all, my sister has ordered off the internet mini chocolates wrapped up for everyone and i made thank you cards. Also my sister has done all the games and as prizes she has done scratchies, which i thought was a great idea.
    its a 2.30 to 4.30 baby shower so she is hand makig allmy fav sweets like cup cakes, cheese cakes, piklets with jam and cream so its going to be like a tea party. we also got some yellow champagne for my guests and shes making a punch for us non drinkers. they have a white marquee out in my mums backyard. and we are just decorateing it in pastel blue and green balloons. i have 22 people coming. you could do up lolly bags, or even lolly pops each person gets a lollypop, sometimes you can find hand made one which look better from little confectionary shops then just do tags yourself on the computer that say thankyou and tie them on with ribbon. i think thtas very classy, i did it for my sisters hens night. goodluck.

Talking

thankyou for thoes suggestions:biggrin:

I haven't had a baby shower, and don't see it happening for me, but one idea I have come across, which is not a game, but gifts from the guests... Each guest brings the gift of a book which they treasured as a child and writes why they enjoyed it in the front as a gift for the baby when they are a bit older/for parents to read to bubs.
    I like the idea of the white singlets and fabric paint too. That's great.

looooooove the paint the singlet idea - am so saving that to do at mine now!!
    There are some good sites around that give great ideas. Also a couple of threads along the same line.
    There was a good idea that i read somewhere, that i think i want i will do as well, and that is: work out what games you are going to do, do up a little book, With a game per page, and they use each page to write answers, drawings etc. On the very last page, make it look extra pretty, and the guest use it to write their names and address's on it (for thank you cards etc) as well as like "guess what day baby born" "guess the weight" "guess the name" if these things are already known. And other things. And then the mum to be gets to keep that page as a momento! (perhaps leave room to jot down what gift they got to help with thankyou cards)
    Im abit of stickler for details thou.......

My fav at mine was "How many jelly babies in the jar?"

we also had comps dressing and undressing baby born dolls (mum had 2 of them as i have 2 younger sisters) and i think i stabbed the poor baby with the pins more than anyone else, and i was having the baby!!

A really nice punch is a tin of sunshine juice (? I think its called that, its a golden circle juice with a blue label) and i add one bottle of lemonade and some fruit and voila!! It tastes great, and goes really far..

i attended a baby shower and they had a game of who could drink the most water out of a baby bottle in 1 minute. She had also put newborn teats on the bottle so it was very hardwork and quite harder than we thought, but so much fun! We also had to guess the measurement around her waist.

Wink

so many great sugestions guys thankyou all very much keep them comming you are all doing a fantastic job..

I've thrown a few baby shower ideas.
    A couple of games we have played are:

Peg game - Give each person a peg (or baby pin, riboon, or whatever) and during the night if they say the word 'BABY' they have to give up to the person that catches them first and says 'YOU SAID IT'. The person with the most pegs at the end of the night wins a prize.

Baby Pictionary / Charades - This ones a hoot! Write down a whole heap of baby related items (such as In Labour, Stinky nappy, waters breaking, sore nipples etc) and let the guests either draw or silently give clues in Charades.

Supermom challenge - Have two guests compete against each holding a toy baby in one arm whilst hanging several nappies on the line. Quickest wins.

Blindfolded baby - Ask for four volunteers (one should be the mummy to be or just pick 4 good sports). Sit two ladies (babies) on a chair with a towel around their neck/clothes and get them to wrap their arms around the back of the chair.
    The two other ladies (mummies) are blind folded and stand behind the chair with their arms where the (babies) arms should be. The two teams then race to feed each 'baby' a small can of baby food with a spoon. (Heinz baby apple or pear is the nicest - baby custard is kinda gross!) ... I hope that made sense - I can get messy but is SO FUNNY!

I always buy a packet of newborn nappies and a permanent (non toxic) pen. As the games are played pass these two items around in a basket and have the guests write postive / funny messages on them for the mother and father. (Such as, 'Hope you are getting lots of sleep' Remember we love you' 'I told you so!' etc)I wrap these nappies up with a little bow for the parents to use during the first week when their baby comes home.

Hope these ideas help. Have fun!

they're some great idea's seventh heaven!!

they r great thankyou.. im not sure i get the idea of the 4 people and feeding 2 thing but im a bit slow lol

thanks again guys

Another game is to get some nappies and some mini chocolate bars (like a Mars bar, an Aero, a double decker...), open the bars and put them into the nappies, then let them melt a bit (so they look a bit like poo) and people have to eat the chocolate and guess what it is.

I'm now having my shower at 44w, so I think 32w is a fabulous idea! It would have been 37w, but a lot of the girls couldn't make that, so an earlier date is good in case you have to re-schedule.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast