Thread: Help me I'm going crazy!!!

Default Help me I'm going crazy!!!

This week I have slept for about 5 hours (maximum) each night, I can't go to bed early no matter how hard I try and I'm waking up at about 4am every morning now. It's driving me nuts!!

After working full time all week the lack of sleep is taking its toll I think, because this morning I woke at 4.30 and cried almost non-stop from then until 8am when I had to pull myself together and go to work! DH of course thought I was trying to make him feel bad for something (don't ask me what!), and got cranky at me because of it. I tried explaining to him that it was out of my control - I was crying at absolutely nothing ie I stood on the cat's tail and burst into tears, I forgot to put milk in my tea and cried, I had a meeting today and cried about that - then I cried because I felt so silly for crying!!! I could've really done with a hug I think, but he didn't quite get it! Poor guy!

Is anyone else going through this at the moment? I feel so out of control!

Its good to see I am not the only one loosing the plot. I cried watching tv last night. I cried the other day coz I was a cow to DF. I cried today when I got to work and sat in my car and decided I couldnt go in, then called in sick, then I cried all the way home. Then I slept. I feel miserable, for no reason. I feel grumpy at nothing. And I hate crying.
    I hope this passes soon
    Love Melissa

I've done it too...I cried one day cos there was nothing in the kitchen that I wanted to eat and I was hungry.

I cried the other day because I didn't get to finish ironing all the clothes in the washing basket! I kept saying to DP that I feel like a failure as a mother!

He, of course, just said...Yes dear, I love you!

Aw Rosy

I cried when I couldn't find the vegemite and I really needed to eat it on cruskits

I went through a period of lousy sleeping in the last trimester. Can you nap when you come home from work. Even a little kip can help you to feel better.

Thanks for your replies girls, they gave me a giggle. I've gone all the way through this pregnancy feeling great until now and it's a bit of a shock to lose it like that. JoMarie, at least your DH knows what to say in response! I still have to teach mine that!!! I will definitely try napping during the day, and I'm confining myself to the house this weekend so I can just relax, so hopefully that will help.

I found working till really late was a killer for me too. I worked til 36.5w last time, and this time I'm a stay at home mum, and I have to say I'm feeling much better this time around.
    When do you finish work??
    As for the crying thing - all pregnant women have their insane moments! Its completely normal...... welll kinda

Fi I finish work on 13th December, so I should still have about 5 weeks to rest up after that. I just have to keep the rellies away for that time!!

*hugs* to Rosy

I find the "being strong" thing at work takes it out of me - I try not to show any emotion at all but at home ... wowsers. Having a nap as soon as I get home helps heaps.

Keeping the rellies away .. hmmm, what a task!