Thread: help - period pain in preg

ttcno2 Guest

Default help - period pain in preg

Hi - Im only 5 weeks pregnant and have had lots of stitchy/pulling type on and off pain in my side which hasnt worried me because I remember this from last time.
    But the last few hours Ive had a dull pain which is exactly like period pain ...Im scared! No bleeding but keep thinking Im going to miscarry...

I dont remember pain like this last time, but i could have forgotten.
    Anyone else have pain that feels like this..

yep, i do but i have very little symptoms and have m/c as well- i am also freaking out about ecptopic pregs. i have sacn next week to see my bub.

i keep think my AF is coming too- so we can both freak out together!!

ttcno2 Guest

how many weeks are you princess?
    Its great you get to have a scan..
    Ive been disgustingly sick and tired (already!)...but of course im now paranoid and starting to think - hmm, maybe i havent been as tired/sick today...
    argh!
    did you have period pain before you m/c last time?
    hope it all works out for you

i'm the same as you ( in my ticker).

yeah i did-when i M/c last time i had spotting the day before (brown) and then heavy red flow and clots the next day. I htink the stretchy pains are just ligament pain form everyhting stretching. so i honestly dont thin you have anything to worry about!! a nice sticky bubby for you!!
    are you having hcg monitering ? i am getting a repeat blood test next wed- my results were 935 last week- so i hope they have increased.

ttcno2 Guest

i never know how those tickers work...

im not having any monitoring..wasnt even going to bother going to the dr as last time all went smoothly...

but if these pains are still here tomorrow might go to dr and get a blood test to check hcg...i hope you're right, its just that these pains are quite intense and different from the last couple of weeks...

oh well, might just go to bed and hope for the best - nothing i can do right now!

good luck with your blood test on wed, hope it goes well (im sure your lack of signs is nothing to worry about - my friend is 7 preg and she swears she doesnt even feel the slightest bit different from normal)

mee too i'm in bed by 9.30 these days mostly. let me know how you go!!

Hi,

I'm around 8weeks now (having a dating scan on Tues) and I had all the same pains that your talking about, they have basically all gone now (the ones that feel like periods pain) apparently it is just implanting still, and getting really settled in. Also apparently if it is to one side (which I have had) it is quite often because that is the side that the egg came from and the side that the baby has implanted. Apparently they can tell this when you have an u/s so I will ask if they can tell me which side I got pg from (I think it was the left.

In my belly buddies forum practically everyone was having these AF pains so I wouldn't worry. I was worried about eptopic pg too due to the pain on my left side but then I heard that it is very very common to experience this.

I am sure everything is fine, maybe just mention it to you doctor next time you see them so that you can be reassured.

wishing you both Happy and Healthy pregnancies.

ttcno2 Guest

thanks Jas, princess and princess confused...
    I do feel a bit better...its just that I never had these particular type of pains with bub no.1. someone else today said the pains get worse with each preg so thats reasssuring..
    best wishes to you both..

Angela80 Guest

Hi Princess,

I miscarried myself and spent the first trimester absolutely paranoid and keeping mental notes on every feeling and cramp!

At five weeks I had cramps so bad they knocked me off my feet. Remembering that this is how my miscarriage started, I raced to the doctors and got an emergency ultrasound. Priase God it was all just growing pains!

The doctor and obstetrician confirmed that terrible period pain-like cramps is the baby and ligaments growing. But if you're worried, I strongly suggest you go to the doctor and/or get a scan. If anything to put your mind at ease.

Hope this helps.