Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP! Will this ever end???

Default HELP! Will this ever end???

Well I feel like having a bit of a whinge..as much as I love being preg I am finding it so hard feeling sick all the time. I get really emotional when I'm sick usually so when I vomit who knows how many times a day everyday it's really hard.

I'm on holidays at the moment and I only work a few mornings a week at the moment but I think i'm going to have to quit. I can't even get off the lounge to get myself something to eat at the moment, I feel that sick.

I am really worried that because this started practically from when my period would have been due and has worked it way up to being everyday now that I will have m/s throughout my whole pregnancy. Two days ago I vomitted 20times approx.

I'm just wondering if anyone else had this bad all day everyday m/s and it when it went away for them?

Also am I more likely to have m/s that keeps going past the 12-14w mark seeing as it started early? Please help!

Thanks Caro,

I have my 1st antenatal appt. on 17th Jan so I think I will chat to the midwife about it then. I have done a little bit reseach on the forums and net and everyone seems to think its pretty useless. So I don't think I will opt for maxalon

Jas,
    I hope your M/W can help, what about seasick bands... I'd seriously try anything, I was given Maxalon with Indah's pregnancy coz I was queasy but it soon went away & I didnt get the script filled... But I really hope for your sake it's gone soon....

I know how you feel, I was like that for 9 months, even in labour!! Plus I had heartburn on top of it. Be very careful that you don't get dehydrated like the others have said. My doctor said as long as you're drinking water, that's the main thing, even though as soon as I did drink some, I'd throw it back up, then have some more.
    It is very hard, and does unfortunately make the pregnancy drag on. Do what is best for you regarding work. I had to give up work at 5 months, and found just resting at home worked wonders for the energy levels. Are you taking a pregnancy multivitamin? That will help with your energy levels. Is there any foods which you can keep down? Funnily enough, milk drinks helped me.
    If it gets too bad, see a dr, if you get too dehydrated you'll need a drip put in.
    Good luck.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Yea I can keep food down, usually I only vomit around 5-10 times a day in the morning I just had a really bad day that day were I vomitted in the morning then midday then at night. I vomit whether or not I have eaten or not and all at one time...once I start I keep going for about 5mins then it's over for the day except I still feel nauseous all day and I drink heaps so I don't think I am at a risk of dehydration.

My morning sickness (ha ha what a silly name!) lasted from about 6 weeks to about 16-18 weeks, and then I was fine. Sounds like yours is brutal, though, and I would definitely see about getting some relief for that one way or another! Don't be thinking that it will last the whole pregnancy - those cases are the exception, not the rule. And I don't think that when it starts has an impact on how long it will last. How many weeks are you? I'm guessing 8-10 if I'm doing the math right. Hopefully yours will ease up soon!

Jas I really sympathise with you on this one. I also had morning sickness like what you are describing. I lost about 5 kg's because I just couldnt keep any food down and was also vomiting alot everyday. I went to my GP (who I think is the best GP ever, lol) and he gave me a prescription for Maxolon to help ease the vomiting and nausea.
    I think the every day vomiting stopped for me at about 10 or 11 weeks. I was still about sick after that, but nowhere near as much and as often.

I took a pregnancy multivitamim just to make sure I was giving baby and me enough of the good things. I also got some Maxolon andfound it to be a little bit helpful, but made me really hungry. Some people also use ginger. Blackmores has a "morning sickness formula" which has ginger in it. I think Vitamim b6 is helpful sometimes too.

hope it eases up for you soon. Its so unpleasent. DH kept on telling me it was because all the pregnancy hormones were doing their job!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Yes definitely be careful of dehydration. You can buy travel sickness tablets that are made from ginger that are also good for morning sickness, you can buy them in the chemist. Have you tried drinking ginger beer (try it flat) or I think you can get a ginger cordial too. Ginger is a very good natural way to ease m/s and nausea. Try nibbling on some ginger biscuits too. But if it does persist do talk to your GP or midwife about it.

I never actually threw up but had really bad nausea all day, (like a hungover feeling!) A friend of mine used dry ginger ale and found that this helped, i started using it and still do whenever i feel a bit seedy. My sil is pregnant with her 2nd and has started using it and finds it good as well and she also gets quiet sick.
    I agree, ginger is really good!

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for you replies. The prob with ginger is that I HATE it!! The only ginger thing I don't ming is gingernut biscuits but I don't think I would be able to handle a biscuit 1st thing in the morning, I think I might try though. I haven't vomitted today so it's been nice to have a break even though I have still been nauseaous.

I did read today that miscarriage among women with morning sickness is much lower, I'm trying to focus on that!!

Debbie Lee Guest

Jas - nothing much helped me when I was so crook when preggo with Gab. My doctor wouldn't give me maxalon even tho I had taken a couple of days off work just because of the m/s.
    It was so hard being so sick AND working full time (and teaching is not exactly a cruisey job!). I feel for you. It totally sux.
    Ginger didn't help me much either. I just kept reminding myself (like you just have) that it all meant bubby was growing etc. Not much consolation when you're hurling but hopefully in time you'll start to feel better.

have you tried blackmores morning sickness tablets ? i didnt personaly find they helped but know people who have sworn by them, i had the sea bands and found they helped as did icypoles i ate a crazy amount of those during the first tri this time! i have also heard peopel raving about preggy pops and preggy pop drops i think you buy these online but may be worth a try

i hope you are feeling better soon

Hope it subsides for you soon i used sea sick bands

Tigergirl1980 Guest

If you can swallow the ginger tablets right away you can't really taste them.

Debbie Lee Guest

I had the blackmores ms tablets and found that they didn't really help a great deal. I reckon they may have to start off with until my ms got really bad then nothing helped.
    I thought that blackmores weren't producing them anymore?

Not sure if they are still making the Ginger tablets. I saw them a few weeks ago at Priceline, but they may be an old batch or something.

I also found that eating apple first thing in the morning helped me not be so sick of a morning. If I ate something before getting out of bed, I found it helped a bit too.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

The ones I took were travel sickness pills but were also good for morning sickness.

Jas, I had bad morning sickness from 7 weeks til about 18 weeks. I didn't vomit a lot but I had such a bad feeling of nausea and just all-over sickness that I was only going to work every second day for four weeks. I found those sea-sickness bands a life-saver. I would recommend trying them for at least a few days to see how you go. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have been able to get off the lounge at all for those few months. I became so reliant on them that I actually still have a scar on one arm from where it had rubbed on the skin, but I didn't care - they were really all that kept me going.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel. I feel GREAT now, and even if I do have an 'off' day, it's nothing like what I experienced in those first few months.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast