Thread: Hemorrhoids

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Default Hemorrhoids

I know there was a thread on this somewhere and if one of the mods can point me in the right direction it would be good, but if not.....

I seem to have one, it's not painful and I only have one and I'm just wondering what treatments are available to us pregnant people, and where would I get the treatment from, ie, chemist, supermarket, doctor, etc.

Very embarrassing thing to have, and I hope someone can help. Gee you find out you don't have gestational diabetes and then the very same day you discover what is probably a hemorhoid, I tell ya, who would want to be pregnant with all of this #-o

Hi Bec,

I've had a bit of a search around but I can't seem to find a relevant thread on the subject. Maybe see your GP or check with a pharmacist for what's safe for a pg woman to use. A bit embarrassing, but hey, hemorrhoids during pg are a pretty common thing. I'm sure they have heaps of people asking all the time (or if you're too embarrassed send your DH down to the chemist to ask for you hehehe! ).

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hi Angel

Yes I plucked up the courage and went to the chemist, it was embarrassing but I'm sure they get worse in there than that

Good on ya!

I had one with my 2nd PG and they are not pleasant little things. They do dissapear though =D> if you are good and eat lots of fruit and fibre so you don't get constipated!

Has anyone ever had problems with them bleeding? Is that normal?

Oh yes what joy - I discovered this just today. Went to the doc who prescribed Proctosedyl ointment, but I think she said it's available without prescription too. In any case, your pharmacist will be able to tell you what's safe.

#-o what a crappy side effect eh!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

One of the crappiest I think. Nasty little bugger.

Im not even pregnant lol

Well I have to see my doc bout other stuff on Sat.. Ill bring it up.. The things your body does to yoU!

K

davvie Guest

Tell you what, no one told me about this stuff before I fell pregnant!! hehehhehe . .these are the bits they dont tell you so you WANT to be preggo!!!

I just had my 25wk check up with my ob and even though i dont have any on the outside, ive got them internally and toilet trips are painful and I always bleed. Ive been using Anusol wipes and they are safe and fantastic, within 3 days im back to normal pretty much.

Im also on the metamucil twice a day plus fresh fruit and vegies and high fibre cereal.

Dont you just love this forum where we can talk about ANYTHING!! I bet most of us never thought we'd be discussing our butt holes like this!! heheheh