Thread: Herpes - Can anyone help??

Default Herpes - Can anyone help??

This is so embarrasing and i just dont know what to do.

About a year and a half ago i had an outbreak of coldsores (Vaginally) yes it was great, i was tested for Genital Herpes and it came back negative but i do have the Herpes HSV type 1 virus (which are usually the oral coldsores) anyway, i took famvir back then and it went away and all was good.

I am now 14 weeks pregnant and im pretty sure im having another outbreak! i was told that the chances of this happening were really rare and im so worried that im going to be infecting my baby. I went to the hospital last night and they really werent much help. they just told me to put zovirax on it.

I just dont know what to do. Is there any medication i should be taking, am i going to infect my baby or cause birth defects or anything.

I just dont have anyone here that can help me, i have only moved to this town not long ago and havent really found a GP that i like or anyone i can talk to and im really worrying about this, i cant sleep and im constantly worrying that im hurting my baby and there is nothing i can do.

Please help me!!!

Hi Dee

Zovirax is the best thing to use.

Your baby will not be infected unless you have an outbreak when you are giving birth.

Some things that can cause an outbreal are:-

Tight jeans
    Stress
    Poor diet
    Nylon undies

If I can be of any more help just let me know.
    I understand that this can be embarrasing so below is my email address if you need it

[email protected]

Hi Dee,

Try a salt bath, this will calm the irritation or put ice on the affected area. These are the only natural solutions I know of, worth a try?

Your poor thing, hope it eases up soon.

Thanks so much for your responses and understanding.

its just so embarrasing and i dont really have anyone here that i can see for advice for something like this. Thanks so much for your email address Alan, its so reassuring to know that you are there and understand.

As long as i know that im not doing any damage to my baby i will be ok. I just know that if i get a slight itch or something i will go into panick mode again. It has really put a downer on my pregnancy which was going so well.

Thanks again and i will be sure to stock up on zovirax and hope it does me some good.

Try not to feel embaressed Dee, it's just one of those things in life that some of us have to deal with. Try not to worry and stress yourself too much about it as stress is something that can flare it up.

Just take comfort that your baby is fine and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!!