Thread: hi im new to this

rae80 Guest

Default hi im new to this

i just wanted to know how quick some of your labours were my first was 7 hrs 24 mins second was 32 mins and im now 23 weeks pregnant again and freaking out about this labour and ive herd that labours get quicker with each pregnancy i dont want another quick labour as i didnt cope very well with a half an hour labour
    thankyou to anyone who replys to my question i look forward to hearing from you

Hi, I have only had 1 so I cant speak form personal experience, but both my mother and MIL had a really short birth 1hr followed by 6-8hr ones. Hope that helps, try not to worry.

Love

Hi Rae, welcome to BB!

I've heard this too, in fact my aunt was reported as crossing her legs with her third so that her husband got there on time! However, a friend had a "normal"-length first labour and then days for her second, so there are always stories to back up or refute whatever you've heard.

I too have had 2 bubbas & PG with #3. My first was 9 hours & my 2nd was 14 (from memeory, I can never remember exactly but I have it written down somewhere), so defently no faster for me with the second pg. I am hopeing this time I can get over with in say no more then 6 hours??

I've heard that the 3rd can go either way, so not nessessarily shorter.

my first was 26hours
    2nd 6 hours
    3rd 25 minutes
    4th 4 hours
    5th 3.5 hours
    my 4th and fifth were induced due to quick arrival of no 3 and i only just got to hospital and he was coming out in the hallway leading to the labour ward!! since i lived over 1 hour away from the hospital, i opted for an inducement for the next 2.

Have no personal experience with labour, but my aunt who had natural births with 8 of her 9 ( the last baby was very large and was delivered by c/s - seemed to put a stop to her pg hehehehe) and with each birth it apparently got quicker......

Quote Originally Posted by chrissy
    3rd 25 minutes

:eek: I don't want my 3rd to be that quick!

I cant talk from experience as I only have the one so far but my mum went:
    1st - 2hrs
    2nd (me! *LOL*) - 2.5hrs
    3rd - 20mins (waters broke and my sis was born in my parents bed at home)
    4th (twins) - 3hrs & they were born 3mins apart.

rae80 Guest

hi does anyone know what placenta hooked on your cervix means

During pg?

rae80 Guest

yes ive got a low lying placenta and the doctor told me last week it is hooked on my cervix

rae80 Guest

your babys due the day before mine fiona congrats on a little girl we tryed despretly for a little princess this time but i got another bloody boy thats my fate im not doing this again good luck with everything
    raewyn

Oh ok, I guess maybe saying its hooked on your cervix, means its not likely to move out of the way?? I would be asking him to clear up what it means for you. I know that if your Placenta is over your cervix near teh birth then you need to have a c/s.
    I have a low lying placenta also, but I have to have anouther U'S at 32 weeks to see if it has moved. I think it would have as it had moved slightly at my last u/s.
    We also "tried" for the girl. I thought for sure I stuffed up & was gettign another boy. But obviously one of the spermies from earlier in the week got there first. As I am pretty sure we DTD the night before I o'd. I am waitign for teh 32 week u/s to confirm its still a girl. I will die if they tell me they were wrong & its a boy.
    I would say better luck nect time but if your not going to go again... But I love my boys, I have wanted a girl with each pg. Its going to be a hard to change to say these are my kids, not these are my boys.